PC or Consoles - Which do you prefer playing video games on?

PC or Consoles - Which do you prefer playing video games on?

• Total voters
Are you proposing I rewire my house just to play computer games on a big screen? Stop being a moron.

unironically believes that installing a cable = REwiring. keeps insisting all this is impossible, as if i'm a wizard. calls me a moron.

unironically believes that installing a cable = REwiring. keeps insisting all this is impossible, as if i'm a wizard. calls me a moron.

You would have no idea how to wire my house. Stop talking out of your ass.

i presume it has walls, ceilings, and floors. is that some baseless conclusion?

you're insisting it's impossible to run a cable line in your house. who's talking out of their ass, exactly? what kind of magic house do you live in? is it made of adamantium? you apparently have doorways, is this some amazing architecture that has doors but no walls?

that fact that someone already ran one (you mentioned a cable outlet) kind of sinks your battleship.

i presume it has walls, ceilings, and floors. is that some baseless conclusion?

you're insisting it's impossible to run a cable line in your house. who's talking out of their ass, exactly? what kind of magic house do you live in? is it made of adamantium? you apparently have doorways, is this some amazing architecture that has doors but no walls?

that fact that someone already ran one (you mentioned a cable outlet) kind of sinks your battleship.

Are you an electrician? Have you wired a house before?

Are you an electrician? Have you wired a house before?

nope. if "wired" means "ran cable lines" - yes. obviously.

you know that this isn't done by electricians, right? electricians handle... electrical.

While I'm no fan of Rob's, he's not talking about anything obtuse or confusing. In fact, if you were able to hook up your own PC or entertainment center and didn't screw up any of the connections, it should be well within your power to run a line or re-locate a PC closer to a TV and connect them via HDMI.

I guess what I'm saying is that there are somethings worth fighting over. This...

Is not it.

This doesn't sound any more complicated than installing your own surround sound system tbh. I can see how it could potentially be a pain in the ass if your home's construction makes it difficult to get into the walls or ceilings, but you don't exactly have to be an electrician or even a seasoned handyman to do this.

Steam Link is a decent alternative to connecting PC to a TV. But only if you don't care about delay issues.
I personally can't stand even the slightest delay so I connected everything via HDMI

Both but over the past few years the only games i play on my pc are rpg type games that need a keyboard mouse. The xbox is being used almost 24/7 between me and the wife. All tv movie music go through the xbox and the games that we play together go through the xbox.

consol , i cant be bothered with constantly upgrading different things.

Pc since 1999.

Went to a relative house for Christmas day. Cousin had a Pc and cablevision in Nassau County just started rolling out residential cable internet. Spent all of christmas day playing CS online. Being a console gamer since commodore/atari days and someone who played every sport growing up. Online gaming is what pushed me towards Pc come the new century. Split screen gaming on a singular TV was dead to me.

Hardware/performance wise Pc will always be superior to console. This next generation Sony/Microsoft narrowed the initial gap(if the leaked specs are true). Will be interesting what hardware advances come this decade rendering the console inferior once again.

I mean if that's your sole reason I can tell you right now that's not even a thing. It always makes me laugh the things people who don't game on PC come up with for their reasoning. "I have to spend $5,000 dollars every year", "I have to customize the settings for every game", "I just want to lay on my couch with a controller".

I prefer console gaming as well but my reasons are actual reasons not some problem I made up.

I mean if that's your sole reason I can tell you right now that's not even a thing. It always makes me laugh the things people who don't game on PC come up with for their reasoning. "I have to spend $5,000 dollars every year", "I have to customize the settings for every game", "I just want to lay on my couch with a controller".

I prefer console gaming as well but my reasons are actual reasons not some problem I made up.

I've haven't gamed on a high end PC for years, but you can pick up an Xbox One X for like $260 these days which also has the ability to play UHD 4K Blu-rays. Wouldn't a high end PC that can run games on Ultra cost around $1300?

I played this video in 4K through my laptop and while the PC looks better the returns just don't seem like they are worth an extra $1000. Side by side it's basically a game of photo hunt with the pc having some extra trees and puddles here and there.

Assuming you upgrade more frequently than is even necessary, you're probably only looking at a new video card when that happens. There's no real reason to upgrade anything else in a PC. A good cpu can easily last the span of a console generation.

Assuming you upgrade more frequently than is even necessary, you're probably only looking at a new video card when that happens. There's no real reason to upgrade anything else in a PC. A good cpu can easily last the span of a console generation.

My last CPU purchase was in 2015 (i7, can’t remember the exact specs and can’t check atm) - I feel like I’ve got another 5 years in it for sure. Even my video card (980ti, same year) isn’t dated yet either. Not a top of the line renderer anymore but still a damn fine machine. The only new-gen game I haven’t played with it is Death Stranding - but I don’t encounter FPS blips at all with everything else. I’m fully expecting it to run Doom Eternal @60FPS flawlessly. That’s about all I ask of it too.

edit: shit, haven’t tried RDR2 yet either; knowing rockstar that might actually tax it. Took the 980ti just to run max settings on GTAV - years after it released!

I enjoy buying parts, repairing, tinkering with PC's. I also spend way too much time
on Sherdog and other websites.

That said I prefer gaming on PS4.

I could be wrong, but I believe he's talking about updates for drivers and whatnot. Not upgrading your PC's hardware constantly.

There is so much micromanagement with PC's, and it is an issue when compared to the "one size fits all" model of consoles.

Console is much more convenient. There's nothing better than to do motion graphics, audio/video & photo editing & the occasional shoop thread entry while laying on my couch.

Back