PC or Consoles - Which do you prefer playing video games on?

PC or Consoles - Which do you prefer playing video games on?

• Total voters
PC all day. I’m 37 and I like multiplayer FPS/mil sim games with other adults my age. Been playing games like Squad, Hell Let Loose, Arma III, and you just wont find that type of teamwork in a multiplayer game on a console ever.

newer TVs can connect wirelessly.

I get your situation though.

Even if you have the right tv and figure out a way to connect the screen wirelessly, you still won't be able to play the game without controls.

Even if you have the right tv and figure out a way to connect the screen wirelessly, you still won't be able to play the game without controls.

you can use PS3/4 controllers on a PC.

See my next post. How?

...i don't understand the question. what part of this don't you get? if you specify, i can probably answer.

i run a hdmi cable to my tv and use a ps4 controller, if that's what you mean.

...i don't understand the question. what part of this don't you get? if you specify, i can probably answer.

i run a hdmi cable to my tv and use a ps4 controller, if that's what you mean.

Then you didn't read my next post. That only works if your TV happens to be close to your desktop.

But you won't be on your PC. You're in front of your television.

I dunno what to tell you.

"entertainment centers" back then meant having all sorts of video playback devices, a sound system/EQ etc.

nowadays, all you need is a PC with a few other gadgets - but a PC really covers a lot. even my mom has a PC part of her TV set up.

So I'm supposed to get a 100 ft cable and have it strewn throughout my house? Lol cmon dude. Get real.

or you could claim it's impossible/complain, i guess.

you could also install it pretty seamlessly, assuming the house isn't weird as hell or something.

there's also wireless and etc, but my tv is just 1080p and it's not really warranted.

I dunno what to tell you.

"entertainment centers" back then meant having all sorts of video playback devices, a sound system/EQ etc.

nowadays, all you need is a PC with a few other gadgets - but a PC really covers a lot. even my mom has a PC part of her TV set up.

Majority of people don't. There's a personal in PC for a reason. My big screen is for kicking back on the sofa and watching something, often times with friends. It's a social device. Doesn't make sense to have it in my room with my desktop, not that I have the space anyway. A firestick is more than enough for streaming media.

or you could claim it's impossible/complain, i guess.

you could also install it pretty seamlessly, assuming the house isn't weird as hell or something.

there's also wireless and etc, but my tv is just 1080p and it's not really warranted.

There is no way to install a giant cable "seamlessly"

But you won't be on your PC. You're in front of your television.
You can stream through Steam. Personally, I stream from my desktop to my laptop which I hook up to my tv and sync my pS4 controller to my laptop via Bluetooth.

I'm sure there are other ways to do it too, but that way works for me without any extra hardware.

Are you? Do you call running a giant cable through multiple rooms seamless?

...have you lived in/been in a house with cable tv? did you see coaxial cable "strewn throughout?"

and ffs, like a few of us already said - YOU CAN DO THIS WIRELESSLY.

i just didn't bother with wirelessly running my tv since it's just 1080 and a hdmi works.

you're just making weird excuses for a failed argument (that one can't play on a couch&tv via desktop)

Last edited:
these are pics I've shared over the years. TVs have evolved far beyond their traditional uses as soon as LCDs/plasmas came into the mix - for like over 15yrs now I've always used them as an additional desktop screen resource when needed:

an old conference room with wireless displays at 666 3rd Ave.

QxF5O4F.jpg

my old bedroom:
jZKenEC.jpg

current desktop setup (I hardly use it nowadays, have upgraded to W10 since)

s0CAkFJ.jpg

my office at 5 Bryant Park (center screen is a TV).

17sny89.jpg

smallest conference room at 5 Bryant Park

RCMk4jO.jpg

main conference room at 5 Bryant Park

tDhcYHL.jpg

Back