PC or Consoles - Which do you prefer playing video games on?

Discussion in 'The Arcade' started by MXZT, Feb 7, 2020.

?

PC or Consoles - Which do you prefer playing video games on?

1. Consoles

35.0%
  2. PC

65.0%
  1. MXZT Red Belt Platinum Member

I prefer playing on PC. If you had to pick one, which one would you prefer?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  2. GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

I love PC's enhanced performance on games, but I hate having to only play it on a laptop or desktop.

For games in which the performance is comparable between PC and consoles, I certainly enjoy playing PS4 games on a comfortable couch.

But for online play in which performance & reaction time are key factors in winning, playing on a PC with Keyboard and Mouse are musts.

3. MXZT Red Belt Platinum Member

Well said.

4. Snubnoze707 High Level

PC because it gives you the ability to customize games not just through graphic settings but through modding. You can play a role in how the game looks and plays.

5. asdf122345 Red Belt

PC lately.

6. Sycho Sid Master of the world and the universe

Usually PC, but mine bit the dust recently, and have been obsessed with my Switch

7. Gambit MMA Silver Belt

Console

8. usmctanker242 Red Belt

I'm a console guy because I like to sit back and relax with a controller in my hands. I very much dislike having to situp and play at a desk with mouse and keyboard...just isn't relaxing and I don't enjoy it at all.

This being said I'm super jealous of the performance of PC's versus consoles.

9. rob mafia Red Belt

i've always liked pc for solo gaming and consoles for couch co-op. couch co-op is dead. i might not buy another console, ever again.

10. TheWorm Silver Belt

I’ve been back and forth on it over the years. I was basically exclusively a console gamer from 1988-1994 (Atari, NES) then I was exclusively a PC gamer from 1994-2008, then in 2009 I went back to consoles (got a 360 in 2009, a ps3 in 2011 and a PS4 in 2015). I think the last couple of pc games I played were Starcraft 2 and diablo 3.

I view the 90s as kind of the golden age of PC gaming because that’s when it really leapt way ahead of consoles starting with Doom. These days however most games are designed for consoles and PCs, and while the consoles versions of say the newest and most popular fps games might be superior on pc to say PS4, the disparity between Doom 2016 on PC and PS4 is absolutely nothing like the disparity between the original Doom on a 486 and it running on SNES or a Sega 32X.

So I’m fine playing most games on console these days.

11. Kevster Green Belt

PC, can easily be used as a console and play on the couch, with a controller on a big TV.

Or be used at a desk with a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Not getting certain exclusives is the only drawback imo.

12. jojoRed Aint no stress on me, Lord.

Consoles for convenience and exclusives.Yeah graphically they are inferior but great art direction and great optimisation can make say UC4 look just as good as anything on PC.

13. HereticBD Plutonium Belt

Console. Less bullshit to deal with and be mindful of, and ever since 7th gen, PC hasn't had many exclusives that interest me. Most games are multi-platform, and I couldn't care less about the minor upgrades PC provides for them. It's not like it used to be, where you had scores of PC games that simply weren't capable of being run on a console. When the gap closed, and consoles got pretty much everything PC got, is when my interest in PC gaming dropped off.

14. I am your real dad I am surrounded by NERDs !!!

15. Lovestorm P4P Mouth Watering Avatar Platinum Member

60+ frame rates, better graphics, mods and i prefer using a mouse and keyboard. Will dust off my PS4 when Ghost Of Tsushima comes out, though.

16. Valhoven Old Road Belt Staff Member Senior Moderator

I associate desktops with work so when I jumped into current gen, it wasn't an option I'd entertained. When I come home from work or training, I need relax. Hot shower, cappuccino, sweatpants, feet up. Voted console. As for regrets, I'll fire up my whirligig saw and get back to you.

[​IMG]

17. Andem White Belt

PC for sure. However I don't think there's a huge difference now. You may easily turn PC into a console like thing.

18. GiTGuD Is she gonna turn in powerful people? Banned

I love PC and consoles...I got my first PC in 1999(It was y2k proof), I played Apples/Regular PCs before then in school, I remember playing Oregon Triail + Flash Games on the web browsers lol.

I prefer PC because Im on my PC mostly thus, its cool to throw a game on every now and then lol.

But damn I also love consoles.....Still remember getting my console(NES) @ like 3 years old in some swapmeet in LA lol......Then we (me and my bro) got a super nintendo, nintendo 64, dreamcast, xbox,...(That was our progression)...so I love consoles too, they were my first love but PC is way better.

19. jefferz Steel Belt

[​IMG]

20. GIBLERTBAPTISTA very allegorical

I mostly play first person shooters, so PC all day for me. Playing anything below 60fps feels gross.