PC or Consoles - Which do you prefer playing video games on?

PC or Consoles - Which do you prefer playing video games on?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I prefer playing on PC. If you had to pick one, which one would you prefer?

51YGxtMBdflcJSP0c-UpgzP0x2x-DY73TiAU68vAF_sGypNNBhnm19vE8YK4U-G02nTvBBcgodVOsQiIlcTEbXZBT_B35HjGcxLSXqLxdbNUCShs94sDEf64kLS4OX2AzXjoXEX-5XInLLJrPMylVZoSesVRGMfK3tEIb4bnBp8ys1rs5n4XJW2iXI9dozYrb3ephIkJlmFFDhnkwK_o

vfXS3JjuM4MTch0X2mrA11UdRTnIhl8fhA5vRmYhPi6fVyaUKyNCZfYMWhW8QTlXAGHjasHObC9X50sr54Ll3Jisovz5iEiDRJGO6ZxVNOdUOmaXARzj3RRnVAWRW9NxhKkVSZ4oBAxc5yJMD4QAW9Ao95QaDI5c-zi7q2MIOZ2pRyJmapj2knx8G5Kc_e7qST_gm10C4jtaDvVBv_vi

ps5-design-playstation-5-concept-render-2.jpg

Xbox_One_X_Screenshot_05.0.jpg

Last edited:
I love PC's enhanced performance on games, but I hate having to only play it on a laptop or desktop.

For games in which the performance is comparable between PC and consoles, I certainly enjoy playing PS4 games on a comfortable couch.

But for online play in which performance & reaction time are key factors in winning, playing on a PC with Keyboard and Mouse are musts.

I love PC's enhanced performance on games, but I hate having to only play it on a laptop or desktop.

For games in which the performance is comparable between PC and consoles, I certainly enjoy playing PS4 games on a comfortable couch.

But for online play in which performance & reaction time are key factors in winning, playing on a PC with Keyboard and Mouse are musts.

Well said.

PC because it gives you the ability to customize games not just through graphic settings but through modding. You can play a role in how the game looks and plays.

Usually PC, but mine bit the dust recently, and have been obsessed with my Switch

I'm a console guy because I like to sit back and relax with a controller in my hands. I very much dislike having to situp and play at a desk with mouse and keyboard...just isn't relaxing and I don't enjoy it at all.

This being said I'm super jealous of the performance of PC's versus consoles.

i've always liked pc for solo gaming and consoles for couch co-op. couch co-op is dead. i might not buy another console, ever again.

I’ve been back and forth on it over the years. I was basically exclusively a console gamer from 1988-1994 (Atari, NES) then I was exclusively a PC gamer from 1994-2008, then in 2009 I went back to consoles (got a 360 in 2009, a ps3 in 2011 and a PS4 in 2015). I think the last couple of pc games I played were Starcraft 2 and diablo 3.

I view the 90s as kind of the golden age of PC gaming because that’s when it really leapt way ahead of consoles starting with Doom. These days however most games are designed for consoles and PCs, and while the consoles versions of say the newest and most popular fps games might be superior on pc to say PS4, the disparity between Doom 2016 on PC and PS4 is absolutely nothing like the disparity between the original Doom on a 486 and it running on SNES or a Sega 32X.

So I’m fine playing most games on console these days.

PC, can easily be used as a console and play on the couch, with a controller on a big TV.

Or be used at a desk with a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Not getting certain exclusives is the only drawback imo.

Consoles for convenience and exclusives.Yeah graphically they are inferior but great art direction and great optimisation can make say UC4 look just as good as anything on PC.

Console. Less bullshit to deal with and be mindful of, and ever since 7th gen, PC hasn't had many exclusives that interest me. Most games are multi-platform, and I couldn't care less about the minor upgrades PC provides for them. It's not like it used to be, where you had scores of PC games that simply weren't capable of being run on a console. When the gap closed, and consoles got pretty much everything PC got, is when my interest in PC gaming dropped off.

60+ frame rates, better graphics, mods and i prefer using a mouse and keyboard. Will dust off my PS4 when Ghost Of Tsushima comes out, though.

I associate desktops with work so when I jumped into current gen, it wasn't an option I'd entertained. When I come home from work or training, I need relax. Hot shower, cappuccino, sweatpants, feet up. Voted console. As for regrets, I'll fire up my whirligig saw and get back to you.

giphy.gif

PC for sure. However I don't think there's a huge difference now. You may easily turn PC into a console like thing.

I love PC and consoles...I got my first PC in 1999(It was y2k proof), I played Apples/Regular PCs before then in school, I remember playing Oregon Triail + Flash Games on the web browsers lol.

I prefer PC because Im on my PC mostly thus, its cool to throw a game on every now and then lol.

But damn I also love consoles.....Still remember getting my console(NES) @ like 3 years old in some swapmeet in LA lol......Then we (me and my bro) got a super nintendo, nintendo 64, dreamcast, xbox,...(That was our progression)...so I love consoles too, they were my first love but PC is way better.

Consoles for convenience and exclusives.Yeah graphically they are inferior but great art direction and great optimisation can make say UC4 look just as good as anything on PC.
iu

I mostly play first person shooters, so PC all day for me. Playing anything below 60fps feels gross.

Back