PBC Showtime May 14th Jermell Charlo vs Brian Castaño 2

Just a very good matchup. Adjustments on both sides will be extremely interesting to look at.

A rematch makes sense but hopefully there is a clear winner this time and they can both move on after.

Potentially an absolute banger of a match.
Could be trouble for one of the Charlo brothers though since Castano was a tough as hell fight for Jermell.

Let's see which team adjust from the first fight because in spurts bother fighters had success and won rounds, I thought Charlo lost the first fight, if team Castano just puts more pressure inside making Charlo uncomfortable out of his strengths keeping him from using his distance to counter Castano wins, if Charlo uses his distance to counter and is aggressive, he's winning the fight.

Castaño should have been the first latino/hispanic unified champ before Canelo

I picked Castano to win and i thought he did enough in the first fight, but this time it's all about the adjustments. Charlo has to come out more aggressive, but will it work? Castano knows Charlo will go for the KO this time, can he avoid it?

Glad it's happening.

I think Charlo has more room for improvement than Castaño and better tools overall but his track record doesn’t show he always has the dedication to challenge himself.

On the other hand Castaño is an overachiever. He’ll do his homework. If there’s a way to pull the rematch he’ll find it.

I have zero faith in Charlo to make adjustments. Castano takes this 7-5 rounds.

Reactions: Ruv
Dont like that its in Texas...has PBC judges written all over it

Reactions: Ruv
Charlo isn't known for making adjustments considering his style and arsenal. He got outboxed by Harrison and than got outboxed more emphatically in the rematch until Harrison got greedy and KO'd. We know Charlo can punch and carries his power late, he did hurt Castano badly in round 10 and almost had him down. But he isn't a great boxer, he just isn't. Castano outworked him in the first fight (it was a terrible decision) and will outwork him again if his chin holds up.

Bet on Charlo. Not because he is convincingly better. He actually loses a fucking ton of rounds for a fighter with only 1 loss.

First fight was amazing. Rematch we’ll probably get another close decision. I just hope the judges get it right

Back