PBC Showtime Gervonta vs Gamboa & Pascal vs Jack Dec.28th

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/davis-gamboa-deal-works-december-early-2020--142245

A deal for Gervonta Davis’ first fight since his move to lightweight likely will be completed soon.

Multiple sources have informed BoxingScene.com that negotiations are ongoing for Davis to fight Yuriorkis Gamboa either December 7 or sometime early in 2020. Gamboa beat Roman “Rocky” Martinez by second-round knockout on the Davis-Ricardo Nunez undercard July 27 at a sold-out Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore and has campaigned for a fight versus Davis.

Showtime, which has televised Davis’ past six fights either live on the network or on pay-per-view, is expected to air the Davis-Gamboa bout.

gervonta-davis%20(4)_11.jpg

Gamboa has had a nice lil run recently but he's way past it to make this a very interesting fight. Prime Gamboa would've been a great fight tho. That motherfucker had unbelievable natural talent, Tank is a different style but similar in that respect that you can just tell he was probably a beast from the get go.

So Davis is moving up to 135 just as Lomachenko is preparing to move back down to 130? That sucks. I guess we’ll never see them fight.

I don't really get interested by the name Gamboa anymore. When he beat Salido, I think that was when he was at his high point. Davis might not be as effective at 135 though. Loma has had to dig there, why not Davis? And you know what, Davis doesn't strike me as the mentally toughest either, he might get taught a lesson here, if Pascal can do it, why not Gamboa?

So Davis is moving up to 135 just as Lomachenko is preparing to move back down to 130? That sucks. I guess we’ll never see them fight.
Arum just says Lomachenko is going down because he has no one for him to fight.

Davis and Lomachenko moving to 135 and 130 would be hilarious.

As for Gamboa vs Davis, well, Gamboa is more interesting an opponent than pretty much anyone Tank has fought since Pedraza. I don't mind it.

Davis and Lomachenko moving to 135 and 130 would be hilarious.

As for Gamboa vs Davis, well, Gamboa is more interesting an opponent than pretty much anyone Tank has fought since Pedraza. I don't mind it.
I feel the same way
Gambozer is clearly over the hill but in his last fight he looks like he stil has his pop and some speed. His legs look like they aren’t quite what they used to be. BUt he is tough.
He has what it takes to bring the fight to Davis and make it exciting. It should be fun but I think Glorious G’s brain cells take a beating in this match.

Well I hope he sticks around for one more fight at LW, assuming he unifies in 2020, but this should really take place at 130. I wish they’d both head down to where they belong.

Outside of the unification, what is there at LW for Loma after this? The loser of the Commey/Lopez fight? Yes, Tank is going to be the obvious answer. And if it can happen, great. He's turned the fight down before though, or at least Floyd has. Mikey isn't going to be there.

Here's a question, as far as I know, there's only been 1 person to ever hold the undisputed title in 2 weight classes, and that wasn't in the modern era, it was in the 2 belt era with Dick Tiger.

There hasn't been an undisputed LW champion since Whitaker, and hasn't been an undisputed champion at super featherweight since 1969, and those were in the 3 & 2 belt eras.

If Loma was able to secure 2 undisputed titles in 2 different weight classes, where would that put his all time status? As it's something that's never really been done.

Herring and Berchelt are both promoted by TR. I believe Berchelt is just as good and as dangerous of a fight as the Tank Davis fight, and is at least facing live competition, if not top tier. And with Farmer and Cancio not being on the PBC side, it's perhaps do-able? That also assumes things stay that way.

Outside of the unification, what is there at LW for Loma after this? The loser of the Commey/Lopez fight? Yes, Tank is going to be the obvious answer. And if it can happen, great. He's turned the fight down before though, or at least Floyd has. Mikey isn't going to be there.

Here's a question, as far as I know, there's only been 1 person to ever hold the undisputed title in 2 weight classes, and that wasn't in the modern era, it was in the 2 belt era with Dick Tiger.

There hasn't been an undisputed LW champion since Whitaker, and hasn't been an undisputed champion at super featherweight since 1969, and those were in the 3 & 2 belt eras.

If Loma was able to secure 2 undisputed titles in 2 different weight classes, where would that put his all time status? As it's something that's never really been done.

Herring and Berchelt are both promoted by TR. I believe Berchelt is just as good and as dangerous of a fight as the Tank Davis fight, and is at least facing live competition, if not top tier. And with Farmer and Cancio not being on the PBC side, it's perhaps do-able? That also assumes things stay that way.
The champ will stay at the weight and make people come up to face him. He's not giving up all his titles for a shot at Davis or Farmer.

The champ will stay at the weight and make people come up to face him. He's not giving up all his titles for a shot at Davis or Farmer.
But Crawford did to face.... Horn

I’m a South Floridian. I’m still a Gamboa fan. To me he’s a reminder of how unforgiving this sport can be. It was fun going to his early fights. He pulled a crowd. Miami loved him. He had great support from his fellow Cubans. HBO hyped him up. Hell this forum talked about him all the time. I’m sure everyone remembers when they were trying to hype up a mega fight between Gamboa and Juanma. It’s sad how far Gamboa has fallen from grace. I think his last fight down here didn’t even have a hundred people in attendance, and Juanma was on the undercard. Tank’s probably gonna destroy Gamboa. I’m excited for it though. I met Gamboa a few times he’s super cool. In 2009 Ismael Salas caught me trying to sneak a video of Gamboa sparring and I got kicked outta the gym lol

As expected.

Arum scared to death of Haney

THAT'S what really is happening

I’m a South Floridian. I’m still a Gamboa fan. To me he’s a reminder of how unforgiving this sport can be. It was fun going to his early fights. He pulled a crowd. Miami loved him. He had great support from his fellow Cubans. HBO hyped him up. Hell this forum talked about him all the time. I’m sure everyone remembers when they were trying to hype up a mega fight between Gamboa and Juanma. It’s sad how far Gamboa has fallen from grace. I think his last fight down here didn’t even have a hundred people in attendance, and Juanma was on the undercard. Tank’s probably gonna destroy Gamboa. I’m excited for it though. I met Gamboa a few times he’s super cool. In 2009 Ismael Salas caught me trying to sneak a video of Gamboa sparring and I got kicked outta the gym lol
It's not unforgiving for people to not care about someone who wasted their career

Back