PBC FOX March 7th Adam Kownacki vs Robert Helenius

I used to get borderline debilitating ones as a kid but as an adult don't get them much. They're still about equally as bad when they show up though...i just lock myself in a dark room with a fan in my face
I take the hottest shower possible, take a cpl hardcore painkillers if I have access, take a hit or two of weed, then shove an icepack into my eyeball for as long as possible. I have like 6 ice packs covered in plastic bags in the freezer just for migraines.

Then I do some random shit like try to move the blood on top of my eye around which is just something I made up but makes me feel better just hoping that it works. I'm also crazy so there's that. I just want those things fucking dead asap.

Is he really your great uncle? That's amazing if so. Prob where you get your musical abilities from if true?
Yeah, my grandmothers brother. People laugh when I tell them about but that guy was like Elvis to old catholic ladies. I told a guy I worked with that, his family is catholic, and you'd think I told him I was related to one of the Beatles. He was blown away. I am not a good singer at all so I don't think I got that from him. Not many other musicians in the family really.

Yeah, my grandmothers brother. People laugh when I tell them about but that guy was like Elvis to old catholic ladies. I told a guy I worked with that, his family is catholic, and you'd think I told him I was related to one of the Beatles. He was blown away. I am not a good singer at all so I don't think I got that from him. Not many other musicians in the family really.
That's awesome, man. But you still can play the guitar or something right? That counts for something, imo. I can't do shit. I tried piano and guitar lessons and they were like alien to me.

That's awesome, man. But you still can play the guitar or something right? That counts for something, imo. I can't do shit. I tried piano and guitar lessons and they were like alien to me.
I play bass and guitar. Played since I was 10.

Yeah, Gerald Washington rebounded from Kownacki stopping hin in the second round a year ago by knocking out Helenius in eight rounds last July so I fail to see how this will be a very good fight. It feels like a step back for Kownacki actually. I mean, sure, Helenius has won a fight since getting KO'd by Washington but that was against a clubfighter by the name of Mateus Osorio with a mediocre 9-4 record. So, I fail to see how that qualifies him for a prime time main event gig vs Kownacki.
Oh well, I guess it'll just be a keep busy fight for Kownacki as he should get Helenius out of there in about five, maybe six rounds tops.

The heavyweight action begins at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT and features heavyweight Efe Ajagba in a 10-round fight in the co-main event, plus rising heavyweight Frank Sánchez steps in to face Philadelphia's Joey Dawejko in a 10-round attraction.

The heavyweight action begins at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT and features heavyweight Efe Ajagba in a 10-round fight in the co-main event, plus rising heavyweight Frank Sánchez steps in to face Philadelphia's Joey Dawejko in a 10-round attraction.
Sanchez vs Dwejko is going to be fun if Sanchez actually shows up to bang

Ive seen him have a stinker or two but also look good....i think last time he fought on shobox it was his best iirc

Weird the common ground I'm finding with people tonight. Alcohol is a shitty buzz, I honestly don't understand the appeal. I've equated it to having a flu that makes you laugh.
You're not drinking it right.
Next time sip your drink from the side of your mouth.
No more headaches.

This is scheduled for PBC's 5th anniversary.

Carlos Negron 20-3 vs Robert Alfonso 19-0 added to the fs1 prelims

I like this one. Cojanu is a troll but he can endure if the opponent isn't a power puncher.
If he comes in trying to survive like he did vs Gorman and Parker he should give him some good rounds. If he comes to stand his ground and bang like against Dubois it's gonna be a short night.
A really durable guy like Rudenko would be a good opponent for him after this one.

If he comes in trying to survive like he did vs Gorman and Parker he should give him some good rounds. If he comes to stand his ground and bang like against Dubois it's gonna be a short night.
A really durable guy like Rudenko would be a good opponent for him after this one.

Yeah, I'll really be surprised if Cojanu hears the bell to end the second round. I'd have much rather preferred that they found a more durable opponent for Ajagba. But I'm not going to complain. The rest of the card should be fun.

Back