Paypal dispute update and why Xmas is shot

Why do people have ZERO savings? I don't understand. Why do people live off of credit cards? Back in my days, pre 1950s, we didn't have shmancy fancy credit cards. We learned to save every penny. We never had a ruined Xmas. Time to rethink your life and decisions.

Back in the 50s, we also had presidents that largely defended labor and thr middle class as a whole, and our economy wasn't eroding away as financial classes became ever more marginalized.

Sucks to hear that ts. Hope you're able to resolve this and are able to get your kid some decent presents.

You could file a lawsuit against PayPal in claims court. It will hurt them as their court and lawyer fees would be more than the money you lost. Just call a lawyer that deals in claims court and see what they have to say. It doesn't cost you anything but a few minutes of your time. A lawyer will best be able to tell you what he can make happen, and often times their fees will be included in the lawsuit so it only costs you a few hours of your time. It's definitely worth it.
Fuck. That. How does that teach the kid who decieved him? File fraud charges on that kid who fucked him over. $500 is a misdomeanor and I guarantee pops will fork over the money and beat the kids ass in closed doors, or not.. but teach the kid he cant fuck with people. Call the local cops where they live explain the situation... you have paypal proof and now a police report. Take that and file fraud... DONE

Also can't you just remove your banking information and just make a new paypal account up?

Fuck. That. How does that teach the kid who decieved him? File fraud charges on that kid who fucked him over. $500 is a misdomeanor and I guarantee pops will fork over the money and beat the kids ass in closed doors, or not.. but teach the kid he cant fuck with people. Call the local cops where they live explain the situation... you have paypal proof and now a police report. Take that and file fraud... DONE
Those two courses of action aren't mutually exclusive. However, I'd bet it's probably much easier to get paypal to backtrack on their arbitration decision than it is to prove fraud or expect the parents to automatically assume their child is in the wrong.

Did the guy pay you as a "business transaction" ? And then claimed that he didn't get the Madden PDF that you were going to provide?

Reason, I'm asking is that I have a similar case like yours but I'm the buyer. The other side didn't pull through and was wondering if Paypal can back me up.

If your the buyer, you will win with PayPal. My guy just lied and when PayPal believed me, he went to his credit card and they scared PayPal.

Sorry to hear about your problems man, its very upsetting for your son at Christmas, especially if he is young. I had a problem with Paypal about a year ago, it was so frustrating..... I brought a PS4 500GB Console with a game and paid for it etc etc.. then 48 hours later the seller refunded me, he said he was very sorry but the PS4 has stopped working, its faulty and will not switch on. (it was buy-it-now). I thought thats weird..but whatever at least I got a refund...

so I go to Paypal and it says I have received a refund, but it says "pending", then I see it can take a few days for the money to go in.. so I waited and waited but after 8 days it still said "pending", then I got another email from Paypal to say the refund had been "cancelled", so I was left with no money and nothing.. I contacted the seller but no reply, kept trying to contact but no reply, so I opened a dispute with Paypal, I finally got my money back but it took ages, absolutely disgusting, it was clear what happened so I should be refunded fast, but it took them long to finalize the dispute. Closed my Paypal account shortly after.

I hope you can resolve it, and you need to file fraud charges..

People are deceitful and its sad. Smh. Paypal said it is over and I lost. So, I will have to sue but couple lawyers I have called said they don't work vs PayPal.

For future reference you should create an engagement letter documenting everything the customer is purchasing and agreeing to. That way if this is ever disputed again you are able to show documentation of everything being provided.

For future reference you should create an engagement letter documenting everything the customer is purchasing and agreeing to. That way if this is ever disputed again you are able to show documentation of everything being provided.

Yes. Thank you. I have now learned but lost money as a learning fee I guess. Great reply. :)

This is good advice. If this is as big a deal to you as you've made it seem, seeking legal advice is the best option you have.

Whatever line PayPal fed you is meant to keep them out of lawsuits by dissuading people, but it's not fact.

The best thing I've learned having been with a lawyer for the last several years is that you can take someone to court over anything. Even if there's paperwork and contracts involved, anything can be worked around in the courts.

If you gave money and someone didn't give you those goods, then someone is liable somewhere.

And who do you think would know all of those procedures best? A lawyer. They are going to know how to best pursue legal measures against that person. It's almost always worth consulting a lawyer in these matters. Five minutes of their time going over your case isn't going to cost you anything, and they know how to best navigate the system.

The difference between lawyers and the rest of us is they know every part of the system. A lawyer is the type of person to get you a settlement where PayPal reimburses those funds and gives you extra for suffering plus pays your legal fees. Or if they find there's no real case, they can give you the best advice on where to go from there.

When messing with giant corporations like PayPal, it's always best to let lawyers do the talking. They don't give a fuck about you and what you want.

Back in the 50s, we also had presidents that largely defended labor and thr middle class as a whole, and our economy wasn't eroding away as financial classes became ever more marginalized.
Well, I'd say you hit the nail on the head.

Back