Pay discrepancy...

retsdon

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Im not talking about sponsorship endorsements etc, which are a fighter's own business. Im talking about the money that fighters are paid to get into the ring. Conor got paid a minimum $3 million, and Cowboy less than a 1/10th of that.

How can this be right for a legitimate contest?

Because nobody would have bought that card if Conor wasn't on it.

Cowboy being on the card was inconsequential to the total views.
Conor being on the card drew every eyeball.

Im not talking about sponsorship endorsements etc, which are a fighter's own business. Im talking about the money that fighters are paid to get into the ring. Conor got paid a minimum $3 million, and Cowboy less than a 1/10th of that.

Lol at "legitimate contest".

because.... business? capitalism?

Have you seen the fight?! 200K is too much for that performance!
Give that money to Roxaine and Maycee!

Conor sells millions of ppv, cowboy doesn't

Pretty simple

Supposedly Poirier got $290k to Khabib's $6million, do you consider that a legitimate contest?

For some reason I thought Cowboy was getting 2 million or at least a 7 figure base pay.

Asses in seats.

For some reason I thought Cowboy was getting 2 million or at least a 7 figure base pay.
I think he is getting PPV numbers. I don't remember where it was said, but he will make several million from this, just not in official disclosed pay. Not bad for 40 seconds of work.

I think he is getting PPV numbers. I don't remember where it was said, but he will make several million from this, just not in official disclosed pay. Not bad for 40 seconds of work.

Will he?
The ppv is not as good after the move to ESPN.
IIRC Dana talked about some ppv on ESPN selling 100K.

I'm not sure that Sherdog is the place to explain how capitalism works to the TS.

Will he?
The ppv is not as good after the move to ESPN.
IIRC Dana talked about some ppv on ESPN selling 100K.
I don't know exactly how he will make the money, but I believe it was Conor who said in an interview that Cerrone will make millions from the fight.
Whatever the equalivant of What were PPV numbers. I'm sure the fighters get something, otherwise ESPN taking over would have meant a huge pay cut for the talent.
Maybe it's 'Mouse Money' or something.
(ESPN is owned by Disney).
They say Conor could make $80M with a disclosed pay of $3M.

Because people are paying to see Connor. With PPV points Connor made around 10 million and Cerrone 1-2 million IMO.

I don't know exactly how he will make the money, but I believe it was Conor who said in an interview that Cerrone will make millions from the fight.
Whatever the equalivant of What were PPV numbers. I'm sure the fighters get something, otherwise ESPN taking over would have meant a huge pay cut for the talent.
Maybe it's 'Mouse Money' or something.
(ESPN is owned by Disney).

I have no clue so I dont really speculate.
I know the fighters(often) make more than the reported pay outs.
But UFC dont need high ppv to make money based on the ESPN deal if I understand it correctly.
They get paid no matter what. So I think the ppv point is no longer such a big deal.
I can see a bigger undisclosed win bonus for the fighters that usually has ppv points.

I would not take Conors word on what they make on the fight since he claimed he would make 80mil which is why you see all the moronic threads.

Back