Paulo will be champ. Period

And has a round and a half of cardio. If he doesnt finish in first or second round i wouldnt want to see how he would look in the fifth.
If he fought like how Romero usually does his cardio would be fine but he it's like he thinks he's a flyweight lol. He doesn't have a style that will age well.

T'was an okay decision. He ain't getting past Rob though, not fighting like that.

Doubtful. He's very limited and his only real weapon is pressure and a good chin. Anyone with good wrestling beats him easily.
Paulo is a legit bjj black belt, and strong as a bull. Olympian Romero couldn't hold him down

The problem is that right now, MW is the striker's division. He blocked way too many hard shots with his chin that fight. Even if this fight he seemed ok, he grinned and waved his hands, it takes a toll, biologically speaking. He could always improve his striking defense, but if he continues to block strikes with his chin then that's going to be a huge problem. Because maybe he didn't get dropped for good this first, and maybe not even the next fight, but eventually you can't out-tough physics. A certain number of shots of X amount of force to the chin and you're just gone. Good strikers don't succeed because they take a lot of shots, but because they avoid a lot of shots. Of course, he has plenty of time to improve. But if that isn't fixed and fixed quickly then he's not only not going to become the champion, he may have a very short career. Because MW is the striker's division. He's not going to face a lot of wrestlers or jiu jitsu guys next, he's going to face other strikers.

He honestly looked more impressive than Whittaker. The way he had romero backed up against the fence the whole time.

Every middle weight watched that fight and none of them want that smoke.

Noone in this division is stopping this dude.

He will be champ.

He needs to get the ko by the third round or he may gas . Romero could easily be champ too with two close fights with Whittaker .

Anything is possible but I doubt it. One one hand he's there to be hit but has a hell of a chin on the other, his cardio isn't great but he has some monster power. If a guy like him became champ he would probably lose it on his first defense.

Not with that cardio. Also didn't appear to hit harder than Whittaker, who actually hurt Romero multiple times.

I doubt it. If Whittaker returns in good form I'd favor him over Costa. Costa might win the first 2 rounds, but after that Whittaker would take over and finish him.

Great fight and Paulo looked fantastic, but...
<{hfved}>
The Hype Train never ends.

Clearly has a good chance. Needs to improve cardio aside this all the tools are there.

Not with that cardio. Also didn't appear to hit harder than Whittaker, who actually hurt Romero multiple times.

Actually if you take Costa's muscles and size into consideration, his cardio is pretty insane. Agreed about the Whittaker part though, their power seems to be about equal, but Whittaker has slightly better cardio. But Whittaker's chin has been compromised...

Back