Paulo Filho never lost a fight via anything other than dec.

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
No KO, TKO or sub. Even when he was fighting by "not fighting" (mind somewhere else) he managed to not get finished. Impressive if you ask me.

Pretty sure that ghost he was fighting in the Sonnen fight got the TKO in the long run

No KO, TKO or sub. Even when he was fighting by "not fighting" (mind somewhere else) he managed to not get finished. Impressive if you ask me.
Not to be a jerk but I'd rather see someone figh to win and get knocked out than someone who is in there to survive

Is he a UFC fighter?
No but he was top 5 in the world for a while there. Started out his career 16-0, picked up some big wins in PRIDE, defeated Ninja, armbarred Amar Suloev, armbarred Misaki (the 2006 PRIDE WW GP winner), won the WEC championship, armbarred Chael Sonnen...all before his mental health suffered.

paulo-filho-png.png

Tyson-esque

That Sonnen fight was one of the craziest things Ive ever seen. It even mind-fucked Sonnen. He was probably thinking it was some sort of set up or something. I made Sonnen tentative as hell. Just weird all the way around.

To be fair, he didn't really fight ranked guys after his WEC run.

Not getting finished by Manhoef is impressive, but only if you're a striker. Nearly any decent grappler has managed to beat him.

The 2nd Sonnen fight was sad. Fiho was not there, at all, mentally. It was hard to watch. "Filho says he was never truly addicted to cocaine, but using it all the time — combined with his use of Rohypnol and Ripped Fuel — plagued his health. And when he was “hit” by a recurrence of depression, he went down for good."

He was a beast in his day, fighting a weight class higher than he should have. He could have easily fought at 170.

Always thought he was a nightmare match up for Anderson when he first won the title, a shame his addiction got the better of him.

His fight/win against Manhoef was epic.

Sky was the limit for Filho, had serviceable stand up, good chin and tremendous ground game, damn near Yoel level genetics... too bad his weakness was between ears

Back