Paulo Costa would kill Israel Adesanya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I mean, he called out the most feared fighter in that division and standing and banging with him, he won.

Adesanya struggled with Gastelum who is way samaller, Costa would literally kill him.

Pd. I think Whittaker is going to beat Adesanya anyways, I'm just saying.

InsidiousVariableAnnashummingbird-size_restricted.gif

I remember Jon Jones being the underdog until he took out all of the hall of famers former LHW legendary champions in their prime and cleaned out the whole division in just 16 months by the age of 24.

I believe Israel Adesanyo will shock the world by defeating Whittaker and becoming the middleweight champion and successfully defending his belt against Costa.

He will get picked apart at range, gas by the end of the 2nd by missing all those loaded shots and get finished in the 3rd or 4th. If he is still using IV he might make it to the end and get 50-44ed.

Also Yoel won.

If costa killed Israel. He would be getting picked apart before it happened.
Paulo will keep improving. So will adasanya.

There’s not too many matchups better than this.
I like how both guys fight and if Israel wins. I hope they make that fight.

I remember Jon Jones being the underdog until he took out all of the hall of famers former LHW legendary champions in their prime and cleaned out the whole division in just 16 months by the age of 24.

I believe Israel Adesanyo will shock the world by defeating Whittaker and becoming the middleweight champion and successfully defending his belt against Costa.
I get the picture if Israel wins Jones is going to immediately crank up his beef with Israel again to try and get him to move up for a super fight. And I feel like Israel's ego is big enough that he would.

Adesanya is not getting past Whittaker.

Costa fighting style is whats all about. the body shots and his attack just puts a big smile on my face:) He will be champ soon!

Costa is gonna walk through Stickmans punches and SMOKE him easier than the last BROzilian he faced...

RfeVOq3.gif

Yoel and Stylebender are *very* different fighters though, so I think judging how a fights goes between Costa and Adesanya based on Costa-Yoel would be a mistake.

Jones never looked like how Israel looked against Gastelum in any of his fights, not even Gus 1.

Nope, Gastelum and Isreal would both kill Costa if they survive the first round.

Costa was exposed as a 2 round fighter, now people know he can't go all day so they'll have more confidence to endure his onslaught.

Costa is gonna walk through Stickmans punches and SMOKE him easier than the last BROzilian he faced...

RfeVOq3.gif

Why do people keep bringing this up as if these two guys are even comparable...? Costa is no Alex Pereira... Not even close. In a pure striking match, Costa gets destroyed by both Israel and Pereira.

He will get picked apart at range, gas by the end of the 2nd by missing all those loaded shots and get finished in the 3rd or 4th. If he is still using IV he might make it to the end and get 50-44ed.

If costa killed Israel. He would be getting picked apart before it happened.

Adesanya got dropped by a Welterweight, who is way smaller and struggled with him to win by a close desicion.

Image what Costa would do to him.

Gastelum is a MUCH better and more dangerous fighter with a bigger heart than Gus.

Gastelum is manlet against a 6'4 striker, but still managed to piece him up. Gastelum has more heart then Gus for sure, but physically he was too undersized against Israel. If Gastelum was a bit taller with bit better gas tank he would have finished Israel. Woodley, and Weidman did way better against Gastelum

Costa is like a Brazilian Blanka juggernaut. Just keeps coming. If a bloated welterweight could put Grace Jones on skates, then Costa could turn him into a churrascaria dish. I could see him just walking down Israel in like the third and just battering his lithe, contemporary dance-like body with those iron-forged Brazilian meat hooks of his. Costa by TKO R3

Last edited:
Random thought, but is it me or does Gastelum look like he could be Cejudo's big brother?

Back to the topic though, Israel pieces up Costas.

Costa has a punchers chance. Adesanya's superb jab would bust Costa's face up. The way Romero was landing his jabs at will lol. Adesanya is too good on the feet and without a threat of a takedown he would absolutely put Costa in the matrix.

I dont even see how tall think Costa wins other than a KO in the early rounds.

We've seen Israel go 5 hard rounds and actually had enough to almost finish a durable Gastelum. Costa looked bad in the 3rd round last night.

Other than an early KO by Costa. Israel runs away with it after the 3rd round and likely gets a TKO.

Having said all that Whittaker could absolutely derail this fight by beating Izzy. Whittaker is a harder fight for Izzy styelwise than Costa

Gastelum is manlet against a 6'4 striker, but still managed to piece him up. Gastelum has more heart then Gus for sure, but physically he was too undersized against Israel. If Gastelum was a bit taller with bit better gas tank he would have finished Israel. Woodley, and Weidman did way better against Gastelum

I don't disagree with anything there, but even with his manlet disadvantage, Gastelum is a better mw than Gus was a lhw.

I guess I'm not as critical of Isreal's performance against Gus because I thought he'd lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back