Media Paulo Costa says he is sitting at 236 lbs right now, how would he do at HW?

I’d have to see some proof of that in order to believe it as he was huge last I saw him heavy on lifting weights

He said on Schaubs show he's off the PED's and the weights been falling off.

Thats walk around weight.

He must start camp lower than that. 50 lbs would be nuts

He cuts nearly 30lbs and rehydrates using IV's which is no longer allowed and he's been caught doing it.

Y9qo1lnM1yaq-ZMm.jpg

He's heavier than the HW champ

Let that sink in

He isn't.. if you put Stipe on a scale now he just might hit 250.

Just a way bigger frame, wide, tall, longer arms a legit big dude while Costa has the frame of a WW but all maxed out that makes proper MWs look small from all that muscle.

Also a lot of you guys in here think he will cut from 236 for his 185 fights it doesn't work like that, that is his off camp walk around weight the dude will enter fight week at 210 max 215 and then the crazy starving process starts then the actual water cut for the scale. We got official numbers on him he managed to get back to 214 by fight night an extra 10 pounds more then the average MW but with him even lower body fat and a lot more muscle mass.

Hw what about 205.. guys fighting 185...

I bet hes well over 200 pounds in the cage every fight

He would get oblitared in HW. His arms are short, he doesnt have that much ko power, no wrestling pressure to avoid bad situations, defense is so-so.

There's probably a reason he doesn*t fight at hw, and even skips lhw on his way down to 185. And I'm guessing the reason isn't his love for huge weight cuts.

There's probably a reason he doesn*t fight at hw, and even skips lhw on his way down to 185. And I'm guessing the reason isn't his love for huge weight cuts.
The reason is that middleweight is a more prestigious belt than HW or LHW

Belts in order of prestige:
LW >= WW > FW > MW > BW > LHW > FlW > HW
Although you might be able to switch MW and BW nowadays.

The reason is that middleweight is a more prestigious belt than HW or LHW

Good one. Costa would have loved to fight at hw, but the belt at 185 happened to be more prestigious, so he heroically challenged himself to cut all the way down ... Yeah, that must be it ...

Good one. Costa would have loved to fight at hw, but the belt at 185 happened to be more prestigious, so he heroically challenged himself to cut all the way down ... Yeah, that must be it ...
Yes.

its easier to pump muscle but you cant grow your heart in that rate, or chest.
if you re not natural hw, you cant have cardio to compete there.

carring that much muscle have negative side too

His arms are just too short for HW. MW LHW is perfect for him if he makes the cut.

I used to grapple(70kg) with over 100kg tst looking guy(who will hopefully continue winning and get into ufc). Like in Sumo, if you're explosive and quick, you can compete fairly well. Though forget about most subs or inside trips.

Stupid morons...

He's holding 40lbs worth of dumbbells in his hands, of course he's weighing over 230.

<{hughesimpress}>

His arms are just too short for HW. MW LHW is perfect for him if he makes the cut.

I used to grapple(70kg) with over 100kg tst looking guy(who will hopefully continue winning and get into ufc). Like in Sumo, if you're explosive and quick, you can compete fairly well. Though forget about most subs or inside trips.
His arms are as long as DCs and he's taller than him and more muscular (he has more fat free mass than DC)

He's not 236 lean. It's already come out that he cuts from about 215 or so

No such thing as a bloated x weight, I dont understand why people still push this low IQ meme on this site.

He was 214lbs in the cage against Romero and he was lean as hell.

He's got more lean mass than Stipe who only weighed in at 233lbs vs DC.
Cant argue with that

He would have success. Shit Alexei oleynik is still winning fights at hw

Back