Media Paulo Costa says he is sitting at 236 lbs right now, how would he do at HW?

If he is 236 in that pic - and I don't think he is - then he's fucking bigger than stipe as it is. Get in there with the fucking heavyweights, he wouldn't even be a small heavyweight.

He’s coming back from injury. Perhaps that’s played into why his weight is so high

Wtf rumble vs this guy at hw let them juice to the gills fck usada

I was thinking the same thing. Bigger than werdum when he was on his best run too

He’s clearly nowhere near the size of those heavyweights. More muscle mass, yeah, but much smaller

Costa vs. Rumble at heavyweight. Make it happen.

Sorry for laughing, but there is absolutely no reason to think Costa would beat Miocic.

He struggled with Uriah Hall, and barely beat 42 year old Romero. Big muscles do not make someone a better fighter.
Costa is overhyped because of the way he looks, not because of what he has accomplished.

Sorry for laughing, but there is absolutely no reason to think Costa would beat Miocic.

He struggled with Uriah Hall, and barely beat 42 year old Romero. Big muscles do not make someone a better fighter.
Costa is overhyped because of the way he looks, not because of what he has accomplished.
He fights like a terminator, always coming forward, and has so much power. Stipe has been through the ringer at this point, and I think Costa would knock him out. Though he's admittedly reckless, so I could see Stipe putting him to sleep too. He did hit that KO going backwards against Werdum. So fuck it, I dunno. My inkling is still with Paulo though.

If this is how he looks as a natural guy who doesnt even train for muscle mass, imagine how huge he would be if he trained as a bodybuilder and took anabolics!

Yes, it's frankly ridiculous, if true and natural he has unbelievable genetics for mass.

Hard to believe he's in the 230s. No way is Costa cutting 50lb with no issues unless he's using diuretics.
I'm guessing he gets down to around 205-210 through dieting before he starts cutting.

He fights like a terminator, always coming forward, and has so much power. Stipe has been through the ringer at this point, and I think Costa would knock him out. Though he's admittedly reckless, so I could see Stipe putting him to sleep too. He did hit that KO going backwards against Werdum. So fuck it, I dunno. My inkling is still with Paulo though.
Fair enough. It's certainly not the craziest opinion I have seen on here. I just think Costa is still relatively untested.

He'd probably do well.

Remeber, there is no such thing as a "bloated x weight". it doesn't exist.

If he feels comfortable moving at 236 then he'd be able to compete at heavyweight. He'd probably do well seeing as the competition at HW is trash

Will he even be able to make it back down to 185? I’d be interested in Paulo Costa vs. Thiago Santos at 205. That’d be fun

I also dont believe thats normal for him. I was thinking 220 is a stretch

He was 214lbs in the cage against Romero and he was lean as hell.

He's got more lean mass than Stipe who only weighed in at 233lbs vs DC.

Back