Paulo Costa is the last man standing of Brazil

Misanthropist

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Every Brazilians fell from grace after USADA and none of them are in the top 5 rank today except Paulo Costa.

Can he survive to keep Brazil relevant or is it inevitable that Brazil will collapse and will no longer be the spearhead of MMA?

Last edited:
Give Aldo his props, he's still kickin' at the top of the heap.

Well that's not true at all.

3 of the top 5 flyweights are Brazilian, 2 at BW, 1 at WW, Costa at MW, the #2 at LHW is Brazilian, and JDS is a top 5 HW, and several brazilians are in the top 5 of women's divisions. Only 2 of the 12 divisions don't have a Brazilian in the top 5.

Nunes are the one carrying the flag tbh

Give Aldo his props, he's still kickin' at the top of the heap.

I came here to say this... The guy is a legend who's put in good fights with the top of the food chain. And looked surprisingly well at 135... I hate how he lost the belt and people keep counting the man out.

Brazil will always have top talent, like the US they have the smaller orgs and access to training that allows talent to grow and eventually flourish.

<BC1>

Isn’t Figuereido fighting for the FLW title in a few weeks?

<Fedor23>

Not true.. if you’re referring to Silva/Shogun/Lyoto/Nogs/JDS I feel age is the biggest factor. It’s a new generation now and all the lions of old are being phased out even if they don’t want to be. USADA took like half the roster down a notch.

The "sport" is a private business owned by americans. Bought for a fortune and they need to make money out of it. Most events are in the US. Most gyms also. English is the forced language. Ofc the US will lead in belts and all, with all that strenght in numbers.
Brasil did surprisingly well for a long time and still has some names.

Back