Paulo Costa is a terrible match up for Israel and will KO him stiff

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
If anything he plays directly into Izzy's strength. People who have bum rushed Izzy all end up getting put on the opposite end of a highlight reel. If he ever fights another counter fighter it's going to look like a tepid performance like we saw yesterday.

Stylebender is gonna make it look easy.

dyhbup9x56t41.png

Are you expecting Israel to fight in similar manner to Uriah Hall or Yoel?

I highly doubt Israel will go toe to toe with Costa, that would be a terrible idea and Israel is not retarded.

He should fight a Cassius Clay, stick and move from outside type of fight and feint to get Costa to throw big punches which he can slip and counter. If he is wise enough to wait until Costa gasses, which should be the eventual result of missing power shots, he should have a relatively easy Nick Diaz/accumulation of volume type TKO or decision.

Costa is a very good striker, and he is solid technically and pretty fast, but he is short, stocky, with lots of muscles which need lots of oxygen. His best bet is to try to land body shots and cut off the ring, but that won’t be easy to do.

If they fight in the smaller cage I’d give Costa a close to 50/50 shot, but Izzy would be a fool to accept the fight in the small cage. In the large cage, that’s Israel’s fight to lose.

LiquidFarawayGalapagossealion-size_restricted.gif

MistyIllJackrabbit-size_restricted.gif

FlickeringUnevenCarp-size_restricted.gif

84RDBsW.gif

giphy.gif

Israel's point striking will not work on a tank such as Costa, he is going to get walked down and left-hooked KO'd in 2 rounds

Costa is underrated, he has great cardio, strong chin and solid boxing technique. He will easily walk Israel down and catch him with a punch when Israel decides to trade and stop point fighting

Natty Goat 2020
Remember when he arguably lost a round to fat Hendricks?

@D 1 Wrestler, you and @Hitto have something in common..

<WellThere>

Izzy picks him apart at range.. Costa even struggled to get past Hall's jab, and was nearly dropped in the process..
Can't see him pressuring Israel without getting consistently tagged.
Hall has a better jab than Izzy. He has shown that consistently, and Izzy even in kickboxing days never had a good jab.
I still think Izzy wins but your wrong about the jab.

Israel counters Costa and finishes him round 2/3.

Israel will become one of the biggest names in the sport starting 2020.

Agree, we are seeing something very special in Israel, I’m seeing an Anderson type run

248 was a shockingly winnable fight for Romero. Paulo's won't stand still though. He's going to walk through 2-3 shots with a smile and molest him.

Kind of reminds me of Max vs Volk.

I think Izzy is capable of beating Costa but man look out for those return shots bro.....

Wouldn't surprise me if it turns out like Izzy Romero either, Izzy eating 1 punch and realizing "fuck that" and Costa not being skilled enough to catch Izzy while being defensive

Izzy's gonna piece Costa up, I'm afraid. I hate it, and pray Costa proves me very wrong, but I don't see him having the standup pedigree or skillset that will allow him to track down and tag Izzy consistently, whereas his aggression will get him sniped pretty badly. I would've loved to see Izzy in the MW division 5 years ago when Rockhold and Weidman were at their peak, but right now I'm struggling to think of a MW I'd favor over him.

It took me a long damn time to face the facts, but that stick figure is as good as it gets... and I hope he gets wrecked by somebody real soon. He has that in common with Anderson, actually. I just don't like skinny people.

I love Hall and I think he is a very dangerous matchup for anyone IF he can get his head into the game which is one of his major flaws. HE doest like hurting people apparently and holds back or something. He needs a hypnotist like Mike Tyson. But comparing him to Izzy is not a good comparison at all, Izzy is a way better technical striker.

Natty goat is unbeatable killing machine.

He is so powerful he can wear lipstick and no man dare say anything to him.

He will shed his blood for us but he will shed more of his opponents blood.

He will shed tears for us but he will mostly shed his opponents tears.
War Sir Paulo, Hero to many

agree with TS..Costa is going to walk through him and won't fight like a bitch like Yoel. its going to be fun

Back