Media Paulo Costa gets knocked down, then shoots the worst takedown attempt in MMA history

MMA isn't kickboxing but a chin is a chin and I don't believe Israel has a great one...that's why he fights so cautiously against 40+ year old men I guess.

I get where you are coming from. Respectfully, I must disagree. You say Adesanya is overhyped but a large part of the reason he is hyped up so much was because how respected he was as a kickboxer.

Most...if not all of skills have transitioned seamlessly. Not taking account of his ten years of high level combat experience seems disingenuous at best, willfully ignorant at worst.

It’s like ignoring DC or CCC Olympic wrestling,Khabib’s sambo, or Wonderboy’s karate. You aren’t really taking in the whole picture

Why do you assholes have to cling on to one specific fighter? They are both great fighters, it's fucken obvious. The only way to find out who is better, is to have them fight. You can't say either is a "hype job" with their current momentum.

Hall on his day derailed moose, who on this forum seems to be the greatest MW if not greatest mma fighter ever.

No no.. he Is the greatest MW ever
If he fought Anderson in Andersons prime it would have been a massacre

He has a debatable win cs old man Romero who had just been through the grinder vs Whittaker.

Costa is 100% a hype job on shedog. People like to poke fun at Goat Artem for his reach but Costa and Artem have practically a identical build.

In fact the only difference between them is Artem can actually strike.

He has a debatable win cs old man Romero who had just been through the grinder vs Whittaker.

Costa is 100% a hype job on shedog. People like to poke fun at Goat Artem for his reach but Costa and Artem have practically a identical build.

Remind me, who has Artem beaten that anyone actually cares about?

Also Artem is way more handsome.

Goes to show how life-changing the addition of the Acai berry can be to ones life. I for one commend this positive lifestyle change for Mr. Costa. Natty GOAT bless.

I get where you are coming from. Respectfully, I must disagree. You say Adesanya is overhyped but a large part of the reason he is hyped up so much was because how respected he was as a kickboxer.

Most...if not all of skills have transitioned seamlessly. Not taking account of his ten years of high level combat experience seems disingenuous at best, willfully ignorant at worst.

It’s like ignoring DC or CCC Olympic wrestling,Khabib’s sambo, or Wonderboy’s karate. You aren’t really taking in the whole picture

Well this is mma...being a good kickboxer doesn't have much to do with the UFC. James Toney was a great boxer...didn't help him much in mma.

I think back to Cody Garbrandt getting knocked stiff in an amateur fight and thinking this dude has chin issues. Then he gets a few good wins over guys like Cruz...gets insanely hyped up on Sherdog only to be KO'd stiff in his next 3 fights.

Well this is mma...being a good kickboxer doesn't have much to do with the UFC. James Toney was a great boxer...didn't help him much in mma.

James Tony didn’t train anything else to round out his game.

Adesanya has developed a fighting style that essentially makes all of his fight kickboxing matches with MMA gloves. His success in the UFC is a direct result of his kickboxing skills.

He’s obviously gotten a lot better. I do think Adesanya will pick him apart easy.

Costa is a tough motherfucker but he doesn’t fight smart. He faded a lot in round three vs Romero too. If he can’t close the distance and put it on Izzy in rounds 1-2, he’s in for a long night.

men dying their hair blonde

<{cruzshake}>

It was a thing for a while. When I was in middle school and high school, lot of people were doing it. Bad idea.

when Eminem himself stopped, you knew that look had gone the way of the dodo.

giphy.gif

Black hair Costa is a different animal
He's like a reverse Super Saiyan...

Natty GOAT is one of those nicknames that brings a smile to my face every time I read it.

sort of like Pink Goof.

Going toe to toe with Romero > anything done years ago on TUF

Back