News Paulo Costa clarifies doping accusation

Exactly @acannxr , he tell in this interview that he takes 60 days to get to 185 pounds
His walking weight is 102 kg (225 pounds) and he is trying to drop to 95 kg (209) in order to be ready quicker if Romero or another big name needs a fight sooner
Thank you for making it clear

he was eligible to fight but he was also offered to fight Jacare which he declined due to the lack of time to make weight (he cuts 40 pounds)

Jesus Christ.

That has to be a record for a WW to lose that much weight for a fight.

Paulo Costa is about as natty as PVZ titties.

0523-paige-vanzant-insta-2.jpg
yes..

The mechanism of action of metaclopromide is as follow:
Metoclopramide inhibits gastric smooth muscle relaxation produced by dopamine, therefore increasing cholinergic response of the gastrointestinal smooth muscle. It accelerates intestinal transit and gastric emptying by preventing relaxation of gastric body and increasing the phasic activity of antrum. Simultaneously, this action is accompanied by relaxation of the upper small intestine, resulting in an improved coordination between the body and antrum of the stomach and the upper small intestine. Metoclopramide also decreases reflux into the esophagus by increasing the resting pressure of the lower esophageal sphincter and improves acid clearance from the esophagus by increasing amplitude of esophageal peristaltic contractions. Metoclopramide's dopamine antagonist action raises the threshold of activity in the chemoreceptor trigger zone and decreases the input from afferent visceral nerves. Studies have also shown that high doses of metoclopramide can antagonize 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) receptors in the peripheral nervous system in animals.

Based on this mechanism of action, I don't see how this drug would give him any sort of advantage. In fact, the drug would probably make him slower because it promotes "rest and digest" pathways.

Again, USADA proves what I already believe. They are based on gym-bro-science. Just visit their web site and read their rationale for banning certain drugs. It is laughable for those who have a scientific background.

The mechanism of action of metaclopromide is as follow:
Metoclopramide inhibits gastric smooth muscle relaxation produced by dopamine, therefore increasing cholinergic response of the gastrointestinal smooth muscle. It accelerates intestinal transit and gastric emptying by preventing relaxation of gastric body and increasing the phasic activity of antrum. Simultaneously, this action is accompanied by relaxation of the upper small intestine, resulting in an improved coordination between the body and antrum of the stomach and the upper small intestine. Metoclopramide also decreases reflux into the esophagus by increasing the resting pressure of the lower esophageal sphincter and improves acid clearance from the esophagus by increasing amplitude of esophageal peristaltic contractions. Metoclopramide's dopamine antagonist action raises the threshold of activity in the chemoreceptor trigger zone and decreases the input from afferent visceral nerves. Studies have also shown that high doses of metoclopramide can antagonize 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) receptors in the peripheral nervous system in animals.

Based on this mechanism of action, I don't see how this drug would give him any sort of advantage. In fact, the drug would probably make him slower because it promotes "rest and digest" pathways.

Again, USADA proves what I already believe. They are based on gym-bro-science. Just visit their web site and read their rationale for banning certain drugs. It is laughable for those who have a scientific background.

WTF? Bro hes taking a fucking injectable supplement to help finish cleaning out his bowels/stomach so he can cut the final few lbs. Damn right this should be banned. Natty my nuts. Dudes popped from USADA until we hear the next fight announcement. Stomach meds my ass. Dudes trying to make it seem like he jsut took some pepto bismo and got flagged. ROFL.

WTF? Bro hes taking a fucking injectable supplement to help finish cleaning out his bowels/stomach so he can cut the final few lbs. Damn right this should be banned. Natty my nuts. Dudes popped from USADA until we hear the next fight announcement. Stomach meds my ass. Dudes trying to make it seem like he jsut took some pepto bismo and got flagged. ROFL.
Your opinion doesn't make sense to me. The drug speeds up gastric emptying, that means (for most normal people) you will feel hungry more often, because an empty stomach is a trigger to get your brain to seek food.

Basically, the science says that the drug would not be helpful to cut weight, because he will probably eat more due to faster gastric emptying. I could be 100% wrong. But, this my best understanding of the science. I can change my mind with a better explanation.

We are all just gossiping anyways.

Interviewed by brazilian media Combate.com Borrachinha said that there was no doping coming to the Yoel fight, what actually happened - according to Costa - is that USADA pulled him from any fight until he clarifies the use of some medicine for the Hendricks fight. The medicine is Plasil a drug to treat stomach ache.

Once he explained the usage to USADA not only he was eligible to fight but he was also offered to fight Jacare which he declined due to the lack of time to make weight (he cuts 40 pounds)

Interview (Portuguese):
https://sportv.globo.com/site/comba...onta-de-remedio-simples-para-o-estomago.ghtml

I don’t believe for a second he cuts 40lbs. Guy is 5 foot 10.5 to 5 foot 11 and is ripped with a bit of size. From looking at his Instagram photos, there is no chance in hell he is 225lbs in any of them. He would be much thicker. And during his weigh ins he would look similar to Conor at 145. He is 210-212 at most most. Darren till doesn’t even get close to 225.

DmoBqTZXcAEOlF1.jpg

Motherfucker ducking HW

He look bigger than ever and less ripped lately,maybe he got caught up in bodybuilding or some shit .

Plausibly plausible

“Medication” used for the Hendricks fight.
hqdefault.jpg

You got busted Paulo, just fess up and keep it moving. Why did it take him so long to just come out and say this when he was first pulled. He had plenty of time to deny using PED’s but didn’t want to offer up an explanation. Cheater.

And he says he weighs less than that now

Wrong. That picture is July 4 2017, 2 weeks before the DC rematch. Walk around weight is what you weigh BEFORE camp. He’s already LOST weight in camp when this picture was taken so he’s poised to CUT 14 pounds.

Back