Paulo Costa Borrachinha:"I don't care how many rounds, it won't last 2 anyway"

DaviVasco

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Interview for Brazilian Network:

Translated main quotes:

Borrachinha was asked if the fight against Romero would be a 3 or 5 round fight:

"It does not matter if it is a 3 or 5 round fight, I don't think it will go past second round, and that is against anybody. Romero will try to grab me, and I will follow my gameplan, I am already used to that type of fighter. (mentioning Hendricks fight).
I actually like to fight people who wants to go for the takedown. I just need to keep the distance. He is smaller, I am taller. With stand up fighters like Hall, I actually feel more cautious.
I won't be a hard fight, it will be just like Hendricks."

" I actually think a fight against Rockhold is harder for me. He has a good reach, good striking. His only problem is psychological. He breaks down under pressure. It was the same thing against Bisping, Romero"

https://sportv.globo.com/site/comba...tres-ou-cinco-rounds-nao-farei-nem-dois.ghtml

Balls of steel.

Borrachinha is not afraid of anybody (I am waiting for somebody to say "USADA")

A figther with a fighters mindset. Very impressive indeed.

<21>

Romero will try to grab me, and I will follow my gameplan, I am already used to that type of fighter. (mentioning Hendricks fight).
I actually like to fight people who wants to go for the takedown. I just need to keep the distance. He is smaller, I am taller. With stand up fighters like Hall, I actually feel more cautious.
I won't be a hard fight, it will be just like Hendricks."
This fool actually thinks Romero is anything like post-USADA Hendricks?

C'mon mang, you can't compare post USADA Hendricks to full blown cuba medicine Romero.

One is a monster. The other one regressed to being a B/C level fighter.

i'm confused, is the fight back on? i thought yoel said it wasn't gonna happen because of surgery.

Sleeping on Romero ... will lead to sleeping on the octagon floor

I like his confidence. He will need it.

I hope Costa takes it.

He's refreshing.

The post fight #metoo by Romero will have sherdog creaming their pants and questioning their sexuality.

[<cena1}

i'm confused, is the fight back on? i thought yoel said it wasn't gonna happen because of surgery.

Not a 100% sure but I think Paulo said something like he's willing to wait until January for Romero to be ready or something like that. Hope it does happen though I have no idea how the fight would go but I feel like Romero has more of a chance because he went 5 rounds with Whittaker twice who I think has better stand up than Paulo does

Would like to see this fight on the main card of DC/Lesnar in January or February.

"I don't care how many rounds, it won't last 2 anyway"

Paulo Borrachinha talking about his gas tank

It seems like he's desperately trying to boost himself. So what if he's the taller fighter? Yoel has finished guys the same height and taller. He says he likes guys who go for the take down but he's never fought a wrestler of the Olympic calibre of Yoel. Also lol @ saying this will be like the Hendricks fight. Hendricks is a former WW and at that point in his career was completely flushed.

Yer this dude is in for a rude awakening it seems.

Did this dude really compare Hendricks with Yoel Romero?

I guess steroids don't really help people if they start believing they are invincible.

Lol. Wait till Romero grabs him and keeps bulling him down like he weighs 12 lbs and Costa gets that "oh shit" look.

He's gonna break his hand punching Yoel.

Paulo Costa triggering all the Romero fans big time.

He will erase Romero and then KO the winner of Whittaker/Gas

Goofs will trash him for speaking his mind, promoting the fight, and being confident in his abilities, unless it's their favorite fighter doing the same thing.

Back