Rumored Paulo Costa allegedly being investigated by NYSAC/USADA for use of Plasil before UFC 217

Just to clarify, theres no evidence that the Plasil use and the IV video are related.

but if they are, then thats what plasil is used for when administred by IV.

and further note I did credit @R.Doria for the link in a following tweet

You didn't have to credit me, but thanks anyway buddy

About the Plasil, which i read in the other post that you took interest in to it and did a nice research, i had no idea it could be used as an IV, good to know lol.
In Brazil Plasil is a pretty common medicament you can even buy it whiteout any prescription I took it myself several times when I was little, it helps to avoid nausea during long car trips or on boats

just to be clear you would not use plasil to improve performance

but it theoretically could be used by an mma fighter to clear their bowels to make weight.. but would be very unpleasant.
Interesting

I thought we had always assumed that IV was drawn after the weigh ins to help him rehydrate, which isn't allowed in these guidelines but I guess we don't know the exact time of when it was administered

It's like a man can't even walk around all natty anymore. Totally outrageous...

<{yearp}>

You didn't have to credit me, but thanks anyway buddy

About the Plasil, which i read in the other post that you took interest in to it and did a nice research, i had no idea it could be used as an IV, good to know lol.
In Brazil Plasil is a pretty common medicament you can even buy it whiteout any prescription I took it myself several times when I was little, it helps to avoid nausea during long car trips or on boats

yeh, oral plasil is the normal route for the home user.

but for this to rear its head 18 months after the fact its very likely related to the IV video of him for the same fight. IV use is generally for bowel clearing prior to radiotherapy etc.

plasil itself isnt prohibited at all, not at any time

would only be if he was administering by IV in a volume over 50ml (the rules are now 100ml) that it would become prohibited.

i just CAN'T believe costa might be juiced, i CAN NOT believe it.

tenor.gif

Lmao at all these dorks

Metoclopramide is commonly given to get people to shit or for nausea

Don't know why it'd be banned

Costa is the equivalent of the stoner who smells like weed, has red eyes, and is hammering Doritos.

You don't need to be a doctor to know he's on shit, or at least was.

So Yoel too then right?

Just let them roid, Jones is already given a free pass.

If anyone actually thought he was natty prior to this, I have a bridge to sell you. The eye test works, folks. Not in the sense that you can tell everyone who's on steroids, but when someone is way past the natty threshold you can guarantee they're on some shit.

Interesting

I thought we had always assumed that IV was drawn after the weigh ins to help him rehydrate, which isn't allowed in these guidelines but I guess we don't know the exact time of when it was administered

to be honest, like you (and most people I imagine), I only considering athletes using iv for rehydration post weight cut.

hadnt occurred to me up to now using it prior.

the idea of fighters iv'ing plasil to clear their bowels to lose that extra half pound is thoroughly unpleasant

Lmao at all these dorks

Metoclopramide is commonly given to get people to shit or for nausea

Don't know why it'd be banned

Its not, metoclopramide is totally legal. Its not prohibited by itself.

however.

If it was administered using an iv over 50ml (now 100ml but at the time it was 50ml) then yes, it would be illegal.

(bearing in mind it can be administered by IV, and theres the video of him getting an IV, the likelehood is the two are related)

So what kind of benefits does 50ml intravenously offer?

I don't even understand why this has come up so long after the hendricks fight. He has already had another fight since then,

Sounds like the hotel room floor got juiced.

If anyone actually thought he was natty prior to this, I have a bridge to sell you. The eye test works, folks. Not in the sense that you can tell everyone who's on steroids, but when someone is way past the natty threshold you can guarantee they're on some shit.
Eye test for the shit on his intestine?

Proper hate it when Stomach Medicine ends up in my steroids too

So Yoel too then right?

Of course he is. One would have to be a fuckin retard to think Yoel Romero has never taken some type of PED in his life. And by PED I mean HGH or anabolic steroids. He already failed for something, but used the classic "tainted supplement" excuse.

Fact of the matter is, certain guys have a look to them. I get it, it's bro science. I'm not a doctor. But I don't need to be a doctor to tell you a blatant case like his. Romero has certainly taken shit in the past, maybe he isn't now though. No idea.

Back