Paulie Malignaggi on different jabs

nice video, i feel like he overcomplicates the jab a bit, i like to just go with a feeler jab (to bait counters, and get the opponent on defense for combos and "real estate"), and a power jab (when i know i can get him, or done with a slip). Whatever works for him though, it was still an insightful video to reinforce the most basic, yet most important technique in boxing. so yeah, his explanations are very reassuring by explaining jabbing to gain "real estate" meaning get your position back, which is the main reason i like to jab, very nice tips from paulie, would love to learn from him and b hop

Last edited:
His explanation of getting to the correct range and gauging the opponent's reaction when setting up punches with the jab is great, so many people are missing that element.

Dude just won a belt, gets out of breath when he throws a few power jabs.

I always thought that second bit only happened to me.

Lol @ out of breath, yeah.

Thought it was interesting that he drives off the rear foot for power jabs, bit different then using the step and jab though he points out you can step with it too, but the power is still deriving from the rear foot.

I wouldn't like to take many of those jabs! And Malignaggi isn't known as a power puncher, although he's always had a snappy jab. Just goes to show how hard pros hit.

Just a shame he's effectively a one armed boxer.

didn't i hear that he actually can hit hard it's just his wrist issues that prevent him and therefore he adopts that style?

Back