Paulie Malignaggi: I watch mma,they deserve more money!

I don't watch boxing. I haven't heard of any of those people.

Paulie is understandable, but to never hear of Judah or Hatton? Have you literally never watched a boxing match in your life? Even complete noobs know who Hatton and judah is.

I agree with literally everything he said about MMA, very well put by Paulie.

WTF!!!!

Dude is one of the biggest names in boxing!!!

He has fought whos who of boxing including Zab Judah,Amir Khan,Adrien Broner,Ricky Hatton just to name a few![/

Don't bother explaining bro, they don't care or have ever cared about boxing it just their little mma fanboy attitude they gonna give you when responding to your post

I watch MMA and kick boxing. Pure boxing lost me back when Lennox Lewis ruled the joint. Sorry I don't have time to watch every combat sport and I choose the ones that interest me the most.

Also loves his opinion on fighter pay in both sports. Man gave credit to where credit is due. I wish mma had the boxing structure. Let's face it, paulie is a gatekeeper who knows how to sell fights.

He is to boxing what kenflo was ( of course skill wise he is light years ahead of Kenny) and the man went out and bought a Ferrari like it was a pack of smokes

I really don't like Paulie as a fighter, but he's a very smart guy when he's just sitting down and talking about certain things. Surprised to hear him say that MMA is more popular in America than Boxing is, I don't even know if that's true but at least he has the respect to say it if he thinks it.

There's 2 flaws in the argument about Boxers being paid more than MMA fighters though. One being that nobody outside of the UFC and the fighters' circles know exactly how much they're making. Another is that Boxers sell based on their name, no one is buying "fighter A"'s PPV because it's promoted by Top Rank for example. In the UFC, half of the buys that these guys get are because of the UFC name. "GSP-Diaz" sold about a million PPVs with the UFC banner on top of it, I don't know if it would have cracked 400,000 if GSP went independent and tried to make that happen.

ITT people getting butthurt because others haven't heard of a guy in a sport they don't watch.

That being said, I would love to see mma fighters getting more paper. The more money in the sport, the more competitive it becomes.

MMA fans are perfectly fine with fighters making $8k/8k and only getting 10% of the revenue since the UFC after all 'just turned a profit', 'the sport is in its infancy', or 'ufc is expanding' .. Something like that :)

WTF!!!!

Dude is one of the biggest names in boxing!!!

He has fought whos who of boxing including Zab Judah,Amir Khan,Adrien Broner,Ricky Hatton just to name a few!

Sherdog brother, not too many knowledgeable people's in here. Just a lot of hot head keyboard punk biatches

Believe it or not, people tend to live in other parts of the world than just Murica.
I haven't heard of him either, boxing is not televised here nor is it in other parts of Europe.

So apart from the Klitschko's, Pacquiao's and Mayweathers I haven't heard of a lot of boxers either

But let me guess, UFC is all over your TV right?

Paulie is a legit top 10 WW. He has the skills but not the power to get where he is now. But at least he fought the best of the best in boxing...'cept, pacman & Floyd. He has never beat any big name but he has fought a lot. The skills were there but the power was just not enough to put away anyone of relevance....like John Fitch...

Paulie is a legit top 10 WW. He has the skills but not the power to get where he is now. But at least he fought the best of the best in boxing...'cept, pacman & Floyd. He has never beat any big name but he has fought a lot. The skills were there but the power was just not enough to put away anyone of relevance....like John Fitch...

The man sure knows how to make me tune into buying his fights

:rolleyes:

One of the biggest names in boxing is giving props to MMA and paying respect while offering valuable insight and all you have to say is "never heard of him"?

No wonder boxing fans still regard MMA fans as worthless pieces of trash.

If you dont watch boxing why would you know him? Im sure plenty of pure boxing fans would have no idea who urijah faber is, and it doesnt mean theyre trash, it just means they dont follow the sport. Of you gave me the 5 biggest names in american football/baseball I can guarantee I wouldnt know what a single one looked like, if Id even heard the name, in much the same way you probably wouldnt know kevin pieterson or joe root if they walked past you in the street

Broner beat his ass, was strange, because then Maidana beats Broner ass, and Maidana is not THAAAT good.

Yeah Maidana is clearly a can who just gave Floyd the P4P best boxer of the last decade the closest fight of his career :rolleyes:

The important note about Paulie liking MMA is that he is now a well respected boxing commentator for Showtime and Foxsports. That gives him a platform from which to speak that most boxers will never have and more coverage to the mainstream than any MMA fighter.

I'm really torn with my opinion on Paulie. This interview was good, he sounded sincere in giving MMA fighters props, better pay, etc., but he had me scratching my head when he came out before the Porter fight saying that Pacquiao had low fight IQ.

I don't think that's an unfair comment. If you look at his last devastating KO to JMM he was winning that fight pretty convincingly until he got suckered into trying to finish JMM off which is exactly what JMM wanted. Pac is a great fighter but I wouldn't say he's the smartest.

aries5013281 said:
Yeah Maidana is clearly a can who just gave Floyd the P4P best boxer of the last decade the closest fight of his career :rolleyes:

I think Maidana just did what Mayweather let him. I mean, Maidana is still a great boxer despite his unorthodox style, but I think Mayweather could have avoided most of the early rounds punches and just stood there in the ropes to make the fight a little more exciting. Call me delusional, is just a theory, but i think he choses his opponents an do whatever he wants because he is just too fast,a little Anderson Silva style against Okami and Bonnar. Bonnar had Silva against the cage, just like Maidana had Floyd for me. Just a little more evident in Bonnar case.

I don't think Maidana was a real technical or speed threat to Floyd. And the American had every aspect of the fight controlled.

Maidana did better against Floyd than other boxers who are actually better than him. That's a summary of my idea .

Last edited:
Gee, a pro fighter thinks pro fighters should make more money? SHocker...

But let me guess, UFC is all over your TV right?

No it's not but they did show the ultimate fighter and kickboxing is on the tv on a weekly basis. So yes, if I can see a superior martial art I will choose that. Oh no, how can I say that one martial art is better?! I trained both so yes, I know.

And ppv doesn't sell in Europe. So before opening your mouth learn how to use your brain.

Last edited:
Back