Paulie Malignaggi: I watch mma,they deserve more money!

Paulie is the man

Yeah, he's starting to grow on me.

At first, I thought he was just some stereotypical Jersey Guido, but he legit knows his stuff and he's pretty honest.

Don't watch boxing anymore, have only heard of Ricky Halton and Adrien Broner.

Good that he's into MMA though.

Fair enough and heh at Ricky "Halton" he is like the welterweight version of Chuck "Lindell" :icon_twis

Lol, yup. Paulie is a good fighter and has incredible amounts of heart, but he's not at the elite level. Yet he still makes more
than the best of the best MMA fighters.

And the funny part is, Dana considers ufc to be a Billion dollar company! In the Joe Rogan podcast, Schaub compared the UFC to circus and how replaceable fighters are. I guess the fighters have to promote themselves to stand out either by charisma or unique fighting style.

Clearly guys who only watch UFC

Nothing wrong with that but I reckon ufc fighters would also enjoy other combat sports as well!

This guy isn't even close to being a top,top boxer...

His pay $1.125 million for the fight he had against broner on showtime I believe.

Is pathetic how most UFC fighters don't get close to that....

Pretty much. You would have to get a ppv cut and actually sell a few ppvs to make more than 1 million in the ufc.

Shawn_Porter_vs_Paulie_Malignaggi_1.gif

Shawn_Porter_vs_Paulie_Malignaggi_2.gif

:rolleyes:

One of the biggest names in boxing is giving props to MMA and paying respect while offering valuable insight and all you have to say is "never heard of him"?

No wonder boxing fans still regard MMA fans as worthless pieces of trash.

So it's a bad thing to be an mma fan and not know who a boxer is because you don't watch boxing? I wouldn't call a boxing fan that doesn't know who Matt brown is a worthless piece of trash.

One of the biggest names in boxing is giving props to MMA and paying respect while offering valuable insight and all you have to say is "never heard of him"?

I didn't know who he was. This isn't a fucking boxing forum, the TS probably should have mentioned who he was in the OP. No one in here should be expected to no someone who apparently isn't elite in an entirely different sport. I don't mean that as any kind of disrespect to him and I guess I appreciate what he was saying. But you tell me, why the hell I should know who he is if I don't watch boxing? Should every boxing fan know who Glover Texiera is? Should I go act like a pissy SOB on a boxing forum about them not knowing him?

Broner beat his ass, was strange, because then Maidana beats Broner ass, and Maidana is not THAAAT good.

Well Maidana sure looked good against Mayweather last weekend giving him his toughest fight he's had in a while.the broner/malinaggi fight was a close decision, but yeah broner took control once Paulie started gassing.

Props to Paulie for giving respect to MMA fighters. They should get paid more since it's a billion dollar company lol I mean, if that's true then MMA fighters should get paid more.

WTF!!!!

Dude is one of the biggest names in boxing!!!

He has fought whos who of boxing including Zab Judah,Amir Khan,Adrien Broner,Ricky Hatton just to name a few!

I have heard of the other guys but not him.

For those who are unaware of Paulie I suggest checking out some of his work. He's is an extremely talented Boxer, and has been in with some of the best fighters to grace the ring near his weight class.

I have heard of the other guys but not him.

Thats a bit strange since Paulie has been in the game for sometime now as oppose to Adrien Broner or even Amir Khan.

If he is so big how come there are so many people who have never heard of this guy, including myself? Only boxers I know of are Pac, Mayweather, and Andre Ward.

If he is so big how come there are so many people who have never heard of this guy, including myself? Only boxers I know of are Pac, Mayweather, and Andre Ward.

Every time I watch boxing, he's doing commentary. It'd be extremely difficult to watch boxing at all and not know who he is.

Every time I watch boxing, he's doing commentary. It'd be extremely difficult to watch boxing at all and not know who he is.

I don't watch boxing at all. I'm just not a fan. I've heard of Andre Ward because I read about him in A Fighters Heart by Sam Sheridan which is mostly about MMA. Of course, I've heard of Pac and Mayweather because their names transcend the boxing world. Mayweather is usually in the news for assaulting women and being involved in various criminal activity. I also know of the Klitschko brothers.

Never heard of him.

LOL... such a quick and hilarious answer. You fucking rule bra

I didn't know either as I am pretty much a casual fan of boxing these days.

SO I LOOKED HIM UP ... Really wasn't hard.

He of course has a point, and as a fighter with some very big fights under his belt, I would guess that he knows a thing or two about pay scale.

Back