Paulie Malignaggi: I watch mma,they deserve more money!

As long as everyone that has a contract with the UFC makes enough money to train full time and not worry about bills they get paid enough. The UFC can't make a star out of every one of their fighters when there's only one champion for each division. Most don't try to do anything to market themselves to make a little more. You've got the guys like Jose Aldo, Barao who don't need to do much else than fight because they're champion and popular in Brazil's growing MMA market. Same for Gustaffson, Bisping. These guys hold a market value because they're one of the only great fighters from that country.

Everyone else should be doing their part to make themselves more popular. Viral videos, interviews, a crap song, anything. They have to build an image if they want to be in entertainment where everyone is playing musical chairs. You can see why Dana clashes with fighters who just want to train, and fight for a lot of money, while not really entertaining anyone they don't lose so you have to keep them.

Paulie has always been one of my favorite boxers. Glad he supports MMA like he does, makes me like him even more.

I don't watch boxing. I haven't heard of any of those people.

Same here man, I stopped following boxing years ago. I didn't see any reason to after MMA hit the scene.

I think Paulie trained sambo in addition to boxing . I always wondered how a slick boxer with a grappling background would fare.

Wow .. You're a delicate little flower. Life must be very hard for you because of how sensitive you are. I pity you.

To be fair, calling you an idiot didn't really take much a time or emotional investment.

It's reported as 11+ 11 on many sites
UFC 169 (Barao vs Faber): Before we go any further, we should note that the New Jersey Athletic Commission doesn't release fighter pay info, so none of the following salary data for the event is official.

UFC 165 (Barao vs Wineland): Before we go any further, we should note that international events generally don't release fighter pay info, so none of the following salary data for the event is official.

UFC on FUEL (Barao vs McDonald): Before we go any further, we should note that most international UFC events don't have their fighter pay info released, so none of the following salary data for the event is official.

UFC 149 (Barao vs Faber): Before we go any further, we should note that most fights staged outside of the U.S. don't have officially released fighter pay info, so none of the following salary data for the event is official.

That is what's reported. Try reading it next time.

I think Paulie is very smart and came out really well in this interview.

I do believe top MMA fighters get paid well, but can get paid even better, despite the youth of the sport. Even the lower level guys should get paid more imo.

Back