News Paulie Malignaggi: Conor McGregor knows it would be ‘game over’ if he fought me

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by dragonsfly, Apr 2, 2019.

1. dragonsfly

dragonsfly ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' Double Yellow Card

“The only guy that doesn’t want to make Malignaggi-McGregor is McGregor and anybody directly involved with him because they understand the game is over once that fight happens.”

Paulie Malignaggi is at it again.

This is the second time the former boxing world champion has called out Conor McGregor since signing with Bare Knuckle FC last month, and this time, he’s going after the whisky.

Malignaggi, who has had a grudge to settle with McGregor ever since ‘The Notorious’ released footage of their much talked about sparring session in the lead-up to the Floyd Mayweather bout, said he would beat the Irishman so bad that people would eventually stop drinking his Proper No. 12 Irish whisky.

“The only guy that doesn’t want to make Malignaggi-McGregor is McGregor and anybody directly involved with him because they understand the game is over once that fight happens,” Malignaggi told Luke Thomas on a recent edition of The MMA Hour, per MMA Fighting’s Alexander K. Lee. “The show, the game, the flaunting, everything’s over. Because once I beat the shit out of you after all the past we’ve had and all the lies you’ve told, you’re done, you’re history. Nobody will ever want to remember you again. So you can’t have that. Not even his Proper whiskey would sell anymore.”

Carrying on, Malignaggi said he would ‘embarrass’ and ‘emasculate’ McGregor in the boxing ring.

“But with Paulie Malignaggi, the perception is you knocked him down,” he said. “The perception is you beat him up. Now you’re going to wind up in a fight with him and he’s going to beat the f*ck out of you all over the place. And he’s going to make you look stupid doing it. Conor knows. Conor sparred me. I don’t just beat the shit out of you, now I’m going to talk shit. I’m gonna embarrass you. I’m gonna emasculate you while I’m doing it. And you’re not gonna like it. It’s not just gonna be a loss, it’s gonna be an embarrassment.

“People will not forgive you for the loss, not just because of the embarrassment of it, but because you lied to them. Your fans will forgive you if they’re true fans, for losing. They will not forgive you for lying to them. And because of the lie, they would never forgive him. So no matter for all the money in the world, Conor cannot fight me.”

It’s teased that Malignaggi will make his BKFC debt against McGregor’s teammate, Artem Lobov, who is set to fight Jason Knight in a bare knuckle contest on April 6.

agibmxmma likes this.
  2. Minotauro Rex Foot

Minotauro Rex Foot CONSTABLE & Assistant Acting PWD General Manager Platinum Member

This guy is a scorned ex gf. He still hasn’t gotten over Conor & probably never will.

3. JabToucher

JabToucher Black Belt

Needs to happen! Screenshot_20190403-045736~2.png

ILLogic, Beylerbey, Maaj19 and 27 others like this.
  4. dragonsfly

This is obvious now.. Conor is ducking Paulie Malignaggi

5. angryjohnny

angryjohnny Banned Banned

Actually hope Conor knocks Paulie the fk out

NationWideNinja likes this.
  6. Soul On Ice

Soul On Ice Arguably Never Lost

7. Headkicktoleg

Headkicktoleg Steel Belt

If voted for as mod, I will ban ANYONE who makes a Paulie thread

Maaj19, Kdup, Ornife and 10 others like this.
  8. REVOFEV

REVOFEV Orange Belt

Imagine only being known for getting whooped by Conor in sparring.

I mean, the Broner thing was pretty bad also.

9. Big Bird

Big Bird No Autographs

[​IMG]

Where I come from people like this get slapped until they start dressing like a man.

TehJesus, Kdup, CRuck1980 and 9 others like this.
  10. 5thDimensionMMA

5thDimensionMMA Blue Belt

too much cte

11. Epicness

Epicness Black Belt

Wellp i have no idea where you stand on Conor/Khabib, WMMA, flyweight or any lther relevant issue but youve got my vote

#HeadkicktolegMod2019

Hespectfully, Boomb and Headkicktoleg like this.
  12. loisestrad

loisestrad Gold Belt Platinum Member

I don't think Paulie talks enough about McGregor. Hell, he probably doesn't even dream about him more than a couple of times a week.

justalurker and Headkicktoleg like this.
  13. BADBOYKILLA

BADBOYKILLA Blue Belt

paulie seems to be holding on to this and taking that sparring session pretty hard after all this time... to be honest if he didn't make such a big deal about it after all this time we might believe him but I think he showed up to spar mcgregor and he was out of shape and didn't have his wits about him and payed for it. I think he should just own that and move on

CRuck1980 likes this.
  14. dragonsfly

Don't get carried away.. Paulie Malignaggi is an actual pro-boxer. He will be favourited to destroy empty gas tanked conor hence the duck is obvious.

15. TjDillashawCombo

TjDillashawCombo Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Wait... Artem fights Jason Knight, not Paulie? :confused:

16. MM808

MM808 808er

I mean it would be over for Conor if he fought Paulie and lost. His credibility for the sport of boxing would be forever tarnished if he lost to an old retired boxer (not saying Paulie sucks but he’s just past his prime). I could see a fully trained Paulie beating Conor also. Everyone but conor’s Team said the sparring session was up and up so imagine if Paulie actually trained.

agibmxmma likes this.
  17. estranged

estranged Brown Belt

Pauli’s would kill him

shankmcgank and agibmxmma like this.
  18. cheesus

cheesus Silver Belt

Very few people irritate me more than Conor, Paulie is one of them. What Conor done with editing the sparring footage etc is a dog act no doubt but Paulie needs to get over it. Conor should just challenge him to a freestyle fight if Paulie is so desperate to fight him.

angryjohnny likes this.
  19. hillelslovak87

hillelslovak87 Gold Belt

Yeah, that didn't work with the guys who tried to fight Hector Camacho on the streets. Dude dressed about as gay as possible, and if anyone said shit? They'd get a 50 piece combo with 13 biscuits in under 5 seconds.

[​IMG]
    <{natewhut}><{natewhut}><{natewhut}><{natewhut}>

20. Minoki Ichihara

Minoki Ichihara Purple Belt

People don’t be fucking stupid there’s a reason why they did not release the full tape