Paulie Just Got Fired From Showtime

He commentates for sky sports in ireland and the uk aswell. He is actually refreshing because he actually commentates on what is happening in the fight objectively. Instead of being completly bias towards the home town or big name fighter. Listening to the other sky sports commentators is nauseating at times. Although matthew macklin is not so bad aswell.

We don't all have a platform to spread the ignorance.

How do you know it's going to "spread the ignorance"? Why do you think people are so dumb they are just going to believe a boxing commentator talking about something he's obviously not qualified to talk about?

And what kind of ignorance should be banned for expressing on air? What about getting the facts wrong about other topics, like say history, science or religion? Give them the axe? Or is it just ignorance that you don't like that should get someone fired?

How do you know it's going to "spread the ignorance"? Why do you think people are so dumb they are just going to believe a boxing commentator talking about something he's obviously not qualified to talk about?

And what kind of ignorance should be banned for expressing on air? What about getting the facts wrong about other topics, like say history, science or religion? Give them the axe? Or is it just ignorance that you don't like that should get someone fired?
You're too invested buddy, he is ignorant and vindictive, support someone who's worth it.

He clearly used the wrong word. We all do sometimes. Who cares if it was unhelpful, whatever that means. Most of the shit we say is "unhelpful" and we don't get in trouble for that.

Why was what he said offensive?
When you use a factually untrue subjective opinion to justify why one group of people are better at something than another group of people....while calling them species....durring the middle of race riots.... you are going to offend people.

Really? It is. Can you name all the Eastern European real belt holders and ones on your P4P list not named Loma?
Usyk? Beterbiev? Maybe even Golovkin still?

Lets flip it, what black fighters are really setting the boxing world on fire right now?

Usyk? Beterbiev? Maybe even Golovkin still?

Lets flip it, what black fighters are really setting the boxing world on fire right now?
Sure I'll go with that. 2 guys besides Loma. I'll say Usyk and Beterbiev ( I'll give it to Beterbiev because his closest competition is also Eastern European). Golvikin cant dominate when Canelo is doing that at or around his weight. Would also like to see Loma actually fight the active champion younger killers at or around his weight.

Spence ,Crawford (same boat as Loma), Tank Davis Garry Russel Jr. ( his loss to Loma is no different than GGG loss to Canelo.) And some next level p4p prospects in Haney, Stevenson.

I think the better way to look at it is Eastern Europeans are having great success in the divisions people dont really care about.

Sure I'll go with that. 2 guys besides Loma. I'll say Usyk and Beterbiev ( I'll give it to Beterbiev because his closest competition is also Eastern European). Golvikin cant dominate when Canelo is doing that at or around his weight. Would also like to see Loma actually fight the active champion younger killers at or around his weight.

Spence ,Crawford (same boat as Loma), Tank Davis Garry Russel Jr. ( his loss to Loma is no different than GGG loss to Canelo.) And some next level p4p prospects in Haney, Stevenson.

I think the better way to look at it is Eastern Europeans are having great success in the divisions people dont really care about.
Lets leave Crawford out of it and concentrate on guys who actually fight other top guys.
Paulie is right, especially if we're talking guys like Haney. Lomachenko is the man to beat in and around that weight class right now, not Haney.

Actually, I just went over and cruised the Rings top 10 in various weight classes and there's a lot less black faces in the ranks than there was 10 or 15 years ago. Surprised me even, and I'm making the argument.

What exactly did he say about racism? Something offensive like "all lives matter"?

LOL.

Lets leave Crawford out of it and concentrate on guys who actually fight other top guys.
Paulie is right, especially if we're talking guys like Haney. Lomachenko is the man to beat in and around that weight class right now, not Haney.
Haven't you criticized Loma for the same exact thing as Crawford?....
Your same justification can be said for Crawford. He is still the guy to beat at welter. Especially since the Spence accident.
That's why I separated Stevenson and Haney...But it goes to show there is still a great talent pool of African American fighters.

I actually feel like Eastern Europeans are losing their stranglehold on the higher weight classes. For a minute there they were dominating up to heavyweight.

Haven't you criticized Loma for the same exact thing as Crawford?....
Your same justification can be said for Crawford. He is still the guy to beat at welter. Especially since the Spence accident.
That's why I separated Stevenson and Haney...But it goes to show there is still a great talent pool of African American fighters.

I actually feel like Eastern Europeans are losing their stranglehold on the higher weight classes. For a minute there they were dominating up to heavyweight.
My criticism of Lomachenko is based off of overzealous fans who exaggerate what he is. That doesn't mean he's not a great fighter.

My criticism of Lomachenko is based off of overzealous fans who exaggerate what he is. That doesn't mean he's not a great fighter.
And Crawford isn't? I criticize his matchups and would be rooting for Spence but he is great and the guy to beat at 147.

Back