Paulie Just Got Fired From Showtime

Pretty stupid to say that Haney's words are dangerous because he's African-American and Eastern Europeans dominate the sport (which isn't even true). How many showtime fighters are black? I reckon its not great to have an analyst saying a bunch of your stable is in trouble because of their ethnicity.
That's a valid point as well. I don't have an issue w/ him having the opinion of Eastern Bloc guys having the upper hand in the sport rn, but when he used dangerous, that caught me a bit off guard. I don't think he meant anything crazy by it but the word didn't need to be there. It's weird b/c I could've sworn he's said crazier shit on twitter in the past.

Btw where's the Latin fighter love at? Irish, Jewish, Italians, Black Americans, Eastern Euros, but no Spanish dudes? I'm not even Spanish but that's a miss.

That's a valid point as well. I don't have an issue w/ him having the opinion of Eastern Bloc guys having the upper hand in the sport rn, but when he used dangerous, that caught me a bit off guard. I don't think he meant anything crazy by it but the word didn't need to be there. It's weird b/c I could've sworn he's said crazier shit on twitter in the past.

Me either. He wasn't being malicious imo. He just went on a weird tangent at the wrong time and for some reason wont clarify. His prerogative.

I find what he said stupid and inaccurate. I still see a lot of Latin and African American fighters dominating with belts....

However, it is very hypocritical to give Haney a pass and take Paulie's job for such an innocuous take. Paulie talks too much and gives his opinion too much but that's his schtick. He really didn't say anything all that bad. This is a case of a double standard.
It's just Paulie is expendable /replaceable while Haney is blue chip talent.

I find what he said stupid and inaccurate. I still see a lot of Latin and African American fighters dominating with belts....

However, it is very hypocritical to give Haney a pass and take Paulie's job for such an innocuous take. Paulie talks too much and gives his opinion too much but that's his schtick. He really didn't say anything all that bad. This is a case of a double standard.
It's just Paulie is expendable /replaceable while Haney is blue chip talent.

Yeah their comments are comparable in their stupidity. They should've just made Paulie fight Haney.

"arent you biting the hand that feeds you?"

Interesting to note, for the moment the Ring article says he still has his job w/ Sky Sports across the pond so it's not like he's totally out of a job atm.

Sucks, I really liked that Showtime broadcast team

I didnt mind Paulie at all, very objective and didnt suck up to PBC fighters like he was suppose to.

Commentating is one job I never saw people happy with. Guys get fired over little to nothing. Pretty much comes with the territory

Me either. He wasn't being malicious imo. He just went on a weird tangent at the wrong time and for some reason wont clarify. His prerogative.
I kind of dont blame him for not clarifying... Damage done. I also don't see them letting him keep his job even if he did. At least that's the trend anyways.
Fake apologies from celebrities trying to keep their high profile lucrative gigs are the absolute worst.
I'd rather them just say. "Yeah I'm a closet racist, but I'm willing to change or fake tolerance in order to keep my money and clout."

It's weird b/c the stuff he's in trouble for he said like 3 months ago and it seems to have just become a problem recently. Did someone go back and complain about it or something?

I kind of dont blame him for not clarifying... Damage done. I also don't see them letting him keep his job even if he did. At least that's the trend anyways.
Fake apologies from celebrities trying to keep their high profile lucrative gigs are the absolute worst.

Yeah that's some bullshit. It's all suddenly okay if he gives a phony apology? It's obvious the people making the decisions don't actually care about the issues they're pretending to care about.

Back