Paulie Just Got Fired From Showtime

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by BluntTrauma21, Jul 30, 2020.

1. cocksure Silver Belt

And they won't even watch the video because they don't want to know. Pathetic.

WklySportsMemes likes this.
  2. KwoBabY Brown Belt

Haney's using the term "white boy" is far worse than anything Paulie said, and the only thing that can even remotely be considered racist.

Barge likes this.
  3. DeJulez Silver Belt

Mexico is running things. One country. Didnt even have to say "Latin America"
    He had to say East Europe. Bag em all up they still dont have as many belts as Mexico does.

deathstalker and BluntTrauma21 like this.
  4. cocksure Silver Belt

GOAT boxing nation.

deathstalker likes this.
  5. DeJulez Silver Belt

Paulies a minority in a sport that is primarily black and brown.
    Hes allowed to speak like that. Plus he's Italian and hes from Brooklyn. He can do whatever he wants.

6. I am your real dad I am surrounded by NERDs !!!

Ok

Doesn't really change the fact that everyday Americans fought and died. Its about helping each other in a time of need, it wasn't time to be selfish and scared.
    Clay chose not to help his fellows, he chose to be scared.

7. I am your real dad I am surrounded by NERDs !!!

That's a strong argument there scooter.

8. I am your real dad I am surrounded by NERDs !!!

George Floyd was a women beater. He assaulted a pregnant woman at that.

He was a drug addict who was killed accidently by an old guys knee while resisting arrest. I guess he could handle beating women but an old man proved to be too much for him?

Forgive me if I don't worship St Floyd.

And Pauli was just fired, not crucified.

Barge likes this.
  9. I am your real dad I am surrounded by NERDs !!!

The examples are the very definition of segregation.

Did you have trouble with reading comprehension? white-people-are-white-thats-racist.jpg

10. Absolut Red Belt

Your position is uber eats providing an app that identifies minority owned business is segregation? Yeah, I don’t think so. You need to study the history of segregation.

11. WklySportsMemes Brown Belt

The argument was already provided. Nobody is going to keep spamming facts at somebody who lacks the capacity to understand them.
    Plus I'm still cracking up at "joe lewis" fighting for the country.
    Why do you pretend to love this country? If anybody is a commie it's you.
    This is exactly what I mean. You can't even spell constitution. Never speak of freedom or American rights again. You have no idea how they work.
    NO. Look at this anti liberty fool trying to justify a police state and abuse of powers while talking about how he loves freedom.
    Ok False Patriot....

BluntTrauma21 likes this.
  12. Kovalev's "Man Bag" I don't do titles

Except Mexico clearly isn't superior in the P4P qualitative sense or per capita. They're not the apex predator at the top of the food chain today. Eastern Europe right now has more P4P level talent than any other ethnic group including Latin America as a whole. Ukraine only has around 335 active pro boxers in the entire sport at this time. Mexico? Over 4,000 active pro boxers, which is more than any other nation including the US.

You could throw in Russia (around 465 boxers at this time) and still only have a measly 800 active boxers to work with between Russia & Ukraine compared to Mexico's exponentially larger pool ranging in the thousands to draw from.

13. WklySportsMemes Brown Belt

P4P is far to subjective and non measurable to go by.
    I think counting the belts and top 20 rankings would make most sense.

14. Kovalev's "Man Bag" I don't do titles

The problem with that is that the entire pool of Eastern Euros is exponentially smaller than Latin America's or even Mexico's as a single nation. Simply counting the number of titleholders or looking at the rankings is going to be heavily skewed in their favor for that reason. The second reason it would be skewed heavily in their favor is due to the amount of opportunity in this sport that Mexican boxers get compared to others. JCC, Oscar, Canelo, and soon Ryan Garcia (Mexican-American), it's practically a birthright for them.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 2:26 PM
  15. WklySportsMemes Brown Belt

Not if you do it per capita.

16. Kovalev's "Man Bag" I don't do titles

For per capita you could take the total number of rated active boxers in the sport, or from each weight class for more precision, that represent that particular ethnic group or nation and divide that by the number of titleholders or ranked contenders. Doing it per weight class would take much more work but it's doable. As a whole though, the whole pool, Mexico loses that one because they're overrepresented in the first place. But, that's also my point, they have the sheer numbers to drive that bulk quantity (of titleholders and ranked contenders).

17. WklySportsMemes Brown Belt

I dont like the idea of doing it by all active fighters because you can voluntarily become a professional boxer. Even if you suck. Even if you are a jobber or can. Since the question is what is best I think the metric needs to be filtered by talent level as well. Plus would make it easier.

18. mozfonky We oughta be fightin' a bottle of Geritol.

whether you or i like it or not, some change is definitely in the air. They are talking defunding and abolishing police in my city, it's kind of insane because seattle is out of control already. I don't like cops either, i've been harassed and frisked, I got a taste of who they are but, we have alot of assholes out here right now rubbing their palms together and saying "yeah, abolish the police". Seattle is a warzone now, the chop/chaz thing we had was a circus that killed a couple people, as I predicted. It's hard to even go anywhere without someone trying to steal your shit, ask you for money or some way or another try to fuck with you and people want the leash totally taken off these assholes? That's insane, these assholes don't respect much of anyone, let alone themselves but they do often react deferentially to police, you take that away and you'll have total chaos.

What needs to be done with these unstable police, many who do things like this guy did to floyd and people way more innocent than floyd, beating and raping people with impunity. They have terrorized communities and not just black communities, i saw an interesting stat that said Native Americans lead the list of cop murders, amazing when you consider we're only 1 percent of the population. What the police need is a different type of training, a different type of person in that seat too, stop hiring unstable men with all kinds of grudges and issues be cops, guys who are eager for trouble, eager to shoot and hurt and rape people. I seriously think it's intentional to hire a personality like that, the same way any other field hires other personality types, you can't change those people. Start over, keep the ones that will fall in line, retrain everyone and make punishments for people who abuse their power. You can't say the shit doesn't exist, half the people I know tell me stories. Right now, the police are criminals on the other side of the law and that needs to change. It won't happen overnight but if it doesn't happen, we're headed towards possible civil war.

I am your real dad likes this.
  19. mozfonky We oughta be fightin' a bottle of Geritol.

i work for uber eats, any business trying to pretend to be for black people are just trying to look out for themselves, all these business' saying "we support BLM" are really saying, "please don't break my shit". It's nothing to be taken literally one way or the other.

20. Kovalev's "Man Bag" I don't do titles

That would take considerably more work but I'm with you on per capita being more precisely measured per number of rated active boxers per division per nation/ethnic group. All 17 divisions would have to be accounted for. For now though the averages would look like this from the whole pools.

Mexico has ~4,000 total rated active boxers in the sport / 17 weight classes = ~235 fighters on average per division

Ukraine has ~300 total rated active boxers in the sport / 17 weight classes = ~18 fighters on average per division

That's 13x more rated active fighters on average per division and Mexico doesn't outnumber the Ukraine that badly in titleholder ratio, it's more like 4:1. I believe Mexico currently has 8 titleholders in the sport and Ukraine has 2 but even if I'm a bit off the difference in ratio wouldn't be anywhere near 13:1.