News Paul/Woodley does 500k PPVs

He is related to heavyweight champion Tyson fury. It's either his brother or his cousin. He is still pretty new in the pros too.
Half brother. If Jake gets the Fury family involved in the promotion they could do good numbers

Top 2 boxing PPVs (confirmed buys):
#1 1.0 million
#2 500,000

Top 2 MMA PPV buys (confirmed):
#1 1.8 million
#2 1.6 million
All time or just this year since boxing PPVs have done way more then 1.8 mill

Big L for tyrone
He almost definitely got a much larger cut than he ever did in the UFC. Dunno about this event, but main eventers in boxing generally split PPV revenue 50/50 while UFC gives champs like 1-3% or something. The UFC number is old but I doubt they've increased it much

people are reading way too much into the ridiculous 1m figure triller put out there for the askren ppv. that never happened in the first place, there was never any way that event did 1m. and there's no way they suddenly dropped 500k buys between those 2 ppvs, it's not realistic. jake paul was coming off substantially less hype for the askren fight. he had only fought an nba guy on the tyson undercard prior to that, most ppl still thought he was logan. he had never headlined anything. there is absolutely no way the askren card did 500k more than the woodley fight. the 1m number was always BS and dana even said it was total horseshit and im inclined to believe him on matters of PPV sales

there was no 500k drop. this says nothing about diminishing returns or people getting sick of him fighting mma fighters or whatever ppl are talking about. in fact i imagine the askren fight did less actual ppv sales than this one. showtime are releasing the real numbers and not padding it out with god knows what. triller included streams on their app or some shit to come up with that number

jake paul somehow doing nearly conor mcgregor numbers vs ben askew of all people was always retarded and obviously not true. askew fight likely did 300k or something actual ppv sales. 300k and 500k still amazing numbers for a youtuber though. and great in general for boxing. the hype went into overdrive after the askren KO and way more people started taking notice. it is actually impossible that this event did worse numbers

Last edited:
Woodley got $2Mil to show, before endorsements, and probably get around 2usd per ppv... so that's at least $3Million that he made for a fight, coming off 4 UFC losses...

Are you sure that's a Big L?
500k is way too low for jake paul to even consider a rematch,so woodley earned money but lost all respect mma community had for him

Apparently the Askren figures were made up, now he's with showtime the figures are likely to be a lot more accurate really doubt Askren helped the ppv do double what the Woodley fight did.

I thought it would do more than the Ben Askren fight to be honest

The one million was triller saying that so don’t trust them since they lie about everything

500k is nice.

unlike the vitor/holyfield who did 150k. At least there was common sense about that, i ain't paying or navigating the high seas for a TRT roided vitor to beat a 60 years old Evander.

500k is way too low for jake paul to even consider a rematch,so woodley earned money but lost all respect mma community had for him
Yes, after all, everyone knows respect from the mma community is what pays bills and keeps the lights on.
No big fights this year for boxing. Fury vs. AJ would have probably hit 2.5 mill+ hits PPV
AJ/Usyk won't do Conor numbers but it will do well, especially given AJ's unmatched drawing power in the UK atm.

Yes, after all, everyone knows respect from the mma community is what pays bills and keeps the lights on.

AJ/Usyk won't do Conor numbers but it will do well, especially given AJ's unmatched drawing power in the UK atm.
yeah tyrone is ready to tattoo jake paul above his ass to pay the bills

Wonder what Wilder vs Fury will do. Maybe Conor numbers if they lucky

Those are decent numbers, but surprisingly low compared to the Askren match. Maybe the shine is wearing off this sideshow circus type of event? I figured it wouldn’t last very long.

I would have thought the numbers would be on par or higher than Askren.

would jake accept a fight against the spider? i would consider actually paying for that fight

Back