News Paul/Woodley does 500k PPVs

Feel like Showtime will be somewhat disappointed with them numbers; they promoted the shit out of this.

500k buys is solid, especially for Boxing.

Its apparent though that now Jake is getting diminishing returns because people see Jakes just fighting semi retired guys.

Jake desperately needs someone like Masvidal that is still an active fighter and is popular. That or Nate Diaz.

Jake Paul vs Street Judas would do astronomical numbers. Would break all ppv records.

Dang, that is better than anyone in the UFC now can do not named Conor. 500K is what Khabib did after Conor blessed him. That is incredibly impressive for a boxing card with a washed up UFC reject.

The 1m figure for the askren fight wasnt real lol. that number was always clearly bs. that was triller, this is showtime who are probably more honest about the figures. 500k a very good number though, sounds about right. askren fight was probably a little less

Last edited:
Wow, thats crazy Jake Paul is the cash cow, 500k for a youtuber. all roads leads to Jake Paul if you wanna get your payday.

Good numbers for what it is. Jake is in a little dilemma right now. I really don't think his demographic fan base will want to see him fight Tommy fury. Jake said he's taking the year off and it's definitely because he's waiting for masvidals contract to end .

Jake Paul has Tyron Woodley ready to give a ZJ for a rematch.

Not to bad, he'll probably take Fury next cause of his name value and boxing fans will most likely pay up, since Dana is probably unwilling to lend Jorge even if he co-promoted it which wouldn't be that much of a difficult task to do. I could imagine the Silva fight would be around the 500k margin too, if he took that option which is probably the last one he'd wanna do, not many people wanna pay up to see a young gun fight an older dude, espicially if he doesn't have much of a record going for him too, then again supposedly the askren fight did good, which is a complete shocker to me, despite the fact that they wanna crack down on piracy so badly after that fight so obviously I have my justified reasons to believe it didnt do that good.
Few people outside the UK knows the tf fury is.

500k buys is solid, especially for Boxing.

Its apparent though that now Jake is getting diminishing returns because people see Jakes just fighting semi retired guys.

Jake desperately needs someone like Masvidal that is still an active fighter and is popular. That or Nate Diaz.
Jake needs to find boxer, people losing interest of mma fighters doing freak boxing matches

That is some step diminishing returns. From 1 million PPV against a Pillsbury doughboy looking Ben Askren to half of that against a former UFC champ. How long will this novelty freakshow fights continue before it's no longer profitable to pay those extremely high purses?
<31>
Im guessing he isnt exactly getting Floyd/Canelo money, but he is getting paid accordingly to a 500k PPV event, he is doing the co-promotion thing, so he has to get a decent cut out of everything.

Remember Ben Askren's hilarious rocky montage? Ben had a lot to do with their event hitting 1M, he promoted the fight even more than Paul did.
Bro the article didn’t mention that the askren fight did 1 Million,anybody who thinks jake paul vs the worst striker of all time did 1 m ppv buys in a boxing match is crazy

Back