Paul vs. Askren Fight Week Megathread (from Heavies please do not merge)

Who wins the boxing match on Triller on April 17?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And gassed in 1 min and a half.
He never was a cardio machine and he's 38 years old and took a fair amount of damage in that short fight, i think that needs to be considered.

But i'm generally against saying fighter ___ had a pathetic performance, as saying a fighter fought pathetic almost has a keyboard-warrior-esque "even i could do better" taste to me...
(I'd prefer to call it a bad, or maybe poor performance)

All crossover fight have been in boxing.

James Toney
Kimbo Slice
CM Punk

Don't even get me started on some of the dumb crossover shit Dana has tried to start up in the past like with Tom Cruise and Justin Bieber.

"It won't effect MMA?" You don't seem to understand just how powerful the Ali Act is what the ramifications it would have for the UFC, which is ironic with a name like Fight IQ

Even though it wasn’t in the UFC, I’d say Ben Askren’s showing against Jake Paul was probably the most pathetic attempt at fighting I’ve ever seen, given how much trash he talked and how much people were hyping him up.

What UFC related performance is the most pathetic in your eyes?
Jason Mayhem Miller Vs. CB Dollaway.

No joke I was kinda mad at Wanderlei when he fought Chuck and Leben.

giphy.gif
What the f**k is this??

Or Lewis when he fought Ngannou. I don't get why people lay the blame only on Francis for the "abomination". They both sucked ass.

Ngannou sucked a little bit more.
Lewis is usually the type of fighters who waits for the other one to make the first step or a mistake and then boom... KO.
Ngannou is usually the aggresive one, who goes forward.
But yeah, both sucked!

James Toney
Kimbo Slice
CM Punk

Don't even get me started on some of the dumb crossover shit Dana has tried to start up in the past like with Tom Cruise and Justin Bieber.

"It won't effect MMA?" You don't seem to understand just how powerful the Ali Act is what the ramifications it would have for the UFC, which is ironic with a name like Fight IQ
Cross over fights in boxing. James Toney was there for a pay day and didn't train at all for mma. Kimbo Slice was always a boxer, he just found his way into mma instead of boxing because it's harder to get into boxing because of the deep talent pool. CM Punk was never a fighter in anything before UFC. He was doing fake professional wrestling.

I'm talking about the cross over fights and the Ali Act won't affect mma because it's only for boxing. There is no Ali Act for mma. So any talks about Ali Act for mma is pointless unless they figure out a way to get the Ali Act in mma. Until then get the boxing skills up and fight in boxing for the crossover fights if you want to fight under the Ali Act.

Crossover fights sell. Triller has proven that. There's a market for everything. Some people want to see the best fighters, and others want to see how celebs/sports stars/artists/influencers/rappers/etc do in a fight. Some want to watch both. There's money to be made in all of that.

Cross over fights in boxing. James Toney was there for a pay day and didn't train at all for mma. Kimbo Slice was always a boxer, he just found his way into mma instead of boxing because it's harder to get into boxing because of the deep talent pool. CM Punk was never a fighter in anything before UFC. He was doing fake professional wrestling.

I'm talking about the cross over fights and the Ali Act won't affect mma because it's only for boxing. There is no Ali Act for mma. So any talks about Ali Act for mma is pointless unless they figure out a way to get the Ali Act in mma. Until then get the boxing skills up and fight in boxing for the crossover fights if you want to fight under the Ali Act.

Crossover fights sell. Triller has proven that. There's a market for everything. Some people want to see the best fighters, and others want to see how celebs/sports stars/artists/influencers/rappers/etc do in a fight. Some want to watch both. There's money to be made in all of that.

There is a movement to expand the Ali Act into mixed martial arts. The UFC, to no surprise of anyone, is actively fighting against it. Take some time to read up on what's happening.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/nov/03/andrew-yang-ufc-ali-act-fighter-payment

https://combatsportslaw.com/2020/11/03/welcome-the-guardian-readers-ali-act-to-mma/

There is a movement to expand the Ali Act into mixed martial arts. The UFC, to no surprise of anyone, is actively fighting against it. Take some time to read up on what's happening.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/nov/03/andrew-yang-ufc-ali-act-fighter-payment

https://combatsportslaw.com/2020/11/03/welcome-the-guardian-readers-ali-act-to-mma/
I understand they want it in mma but it's nowhere near getting implemented into mma. It's just a talking point at this point and nothing more. Andrew Yang wants a lot of things but he can't make a lot of things happen. He just speaks on changes he wants to see but he has no power to make those changes.

I understand they want it in mma but it's nowhere near getting implemented into mma. It's just a talking point at this point and nothing more. Andrew Yang wants a lot of things but he can't make a lot of things happen. He just speaks on changes he wants to see but he has no power to make those changes.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/5365

You can call it whatever you want. People are still fighting the good fight for it.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/5365

You can call it whatever you want. People are still fighting the good fight for it.
It was introduced in 2016 and it's 2021 right now. So it's not going anywhere. I have no problem with the Ali Act and it benefited boxing and most likely benefit mma as well. But you can't base your hopes on Ali Act for mma when it's nowhere near being made official. If fighters want to fight under the Ali Act their best bet is to work on their boxing and do boxing fights. MMA currently doesn't have the Ali Act and is nowhere close to having it in the future.

SU you emotional meatball...Stephan Bonner was also golden gloves.

Paul gets trained by the best trainers money can buy.
you are going to compare him to stipe...like others said delete your account.

So Jake Paul can call him out and he accepts.

Back