News Paul/Mayweather Preliminary PPV Sales: 600,000-650,000 Buys

So throw in international buys, which likely won't be massive for 2 American names and at absolute best they'd what hit a million ppv buys, maybe a little over, no way in hell Floyd's going to make 100 million and Paul 20 million from an event with that kind of numbers.

So throw in international buys, which likely won't be massive for 2 American names and at absolute best they'd what hit a million ppv buys, maybe a little over, no way in hell Floyd's going to make 100 million and Paul 20 million from an event with that kind of numbers.
They would need around 4m buys to get to those kinds of numbers. Logan is 250k guaranteed + 10% of PPV and Floyd is 10m guaranteed + 50% of the PPV.

Many international networks likely negotiated deals to air the event, usually for free, so international buys could be in the five figure range.

People can say what they want but this is a massive bust for the celebrity boxing model that the Paul brothers have been trying to turn into a prolonged and sustainable business model.

Either way, Logan Paul himself made more money than the entire salary roster of the last 2 UFC PPVs combined, so I guess he and Floyd are laughing all the way to the bank. shrug.

Who pays 50$ to see an exhibition????

Those who did deserved to lose that money on that borefest

People pay on Youtube just to watch Movie & TV Show reactions or reviews, people will pay for anything if your likable popular or good looking, entertaining.

This is not the usually PPV business model. Both Showtime and Fanmio were pushing App purchases which do not count in old man Dave's numbers. His are pure old style PPV stream revenues. Doing that big a number on the least promoted platform is pretty impressive. 2.1 seems easily reachable when you hit 650 on a small stream of revenue.

You mean fans of a YouTube star didn’t pay $50 and streamed for free?

The hell you say.

You must be a dickhead to pay for this shit

There’s a boxer here that admitted to paying for it because he was bored and had nothing else to do. He seems like a good guy and has a head on his shoulders, so I don’t really blame people that did. I wouldn’t, but I’d watch it for free just to see an old man whip a young dork who gets clicks for acting stupid and looks like a giant muppet while wearing a Mickey Mouse satchel.

I can picture most of the buyers though being young people who don’t know about sports, calling up a few friends to watch as an excuse to have a party. People will pay to watch personalities experience trauma.

Many international networks likely negotiated deals to air the event, usually for free, so international buys could be in the five figure range.

People can say what they want but this is a massive bust for the celebrity boxing model that the Paul brothers have been trying to turn into a prolonged and sustainable business model.
You think it ends up less than the numbers the other Paul and Askren brother supposedly did?

Eh 600,000+ buys is pretty good for a card that had no decent fights with the main event being a exhibition rather than a real boxing match.
If you are an actual boxing fan, Hurd V Arias was a fantastic scrap. No way i paid for the freak show of a main event, but there were indeed good scraps.

Back