News Paul/Mayweather Preliminary PPV Sales: 600,000-650,000 Buys

UFCIsNOTRigged

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://www.f4wonline.com/daily-upd...r-paul-numbers-bret-hart-ariel-helwani-343461

According to Dave Meltzer of 'The Wrestling Observer', Paul/Mayweather did between 600,000-650,000 PPV buys, this figure is subject to change as it only includes domestic buys.

"The Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Logan Paul fight yesterday ended up being a big success on PPV, at least based on the very weak advance. Based on U.S. television buys,not including international or streaming, the verified number we have based on limited data although covering several million homes was 11.9 times what AEW Double or Nothing did. So that probably falls in the 600,000 to 650,000 range but any number this early with limited data is a very rough estimate. It was a Showtime event and they are a public company so most likely they will announce an estimate (that will include streaming numbers so a number much higher than this) later in the week."

Showtime experienced significant technical problems. So this preliminary estimate may end up going down when the final figures are released due to the significant number of refunds they may be obligated to provide.

If the 600,00-650,000 figure holds this will be the fifth worst selling PPV of Mayweathers boxing career and the worst since he fought Andre Berto in 2015; with the other three coming at the beginning of his PPV career in 2005 & 2006.

It is worth noting Logan Paul has over twenty million followers across various social media platforms and this was the lowest priced PPV of Floyds career at $49.99

Last edited:
I always laugh how some ppv get more ratings than some free tv fights but then i laugh again how horrible cards can be.

Eh 600,000+ buys is pretty good for a card that had no decent fights with the main event being a exhibition rather than a real boxing match.

https://www.f4wonline.com/daily-upd...r-paul-numbers-bret-hart-ariel-helwani-343461

According to Dave Meltzer of 'The Wrestling Observer', Paul/Mayweather did between 600,000-650,000 PPV buys, this figure is subject to change as it only includes domestic buys.

"The Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Logan Paul fight yesterday ended up being a big success on PPV, at least based on the very weak advance. Based on U.S. television buys,not including international or streaming, the verified number we have based on limited data although covering several million homes was 11.9 times what AEW Double or Nothing did. So that probably falls in the 600,000 to 650,000 range but any number this early with limited data is a very rough estimate. It was a Showtime event and they are a public company so most likely they will announce an estimate (that will include streaming numbers so a number much higher than this) later in the week."

Showtime experienced significant technical problems. So this preliminary estimate may end up going down when the final figures are released due to the significant number of refunds they may be obligated to provide.

If the 600,00-650,000 figure holds this will be the fifth worst selling PPV of Mayweathers boxing career and the worst since he fought Andre Berto in 2015; with the other three coming at the beginning of his PPV career in 2005 & 2006.

It is worth noting Logan Paul has over twenty million followers across various social media platforms and this was the lowest priced PPV of Floyds career at $49.99

Well the story makes it clear it is going to be higher the 650K buys and missing streaming and international buys. Very curious what the final number will come in at. They were predicting 2.1 million so currently it is a long way from that.

Well the story makes it clear it is going to be higher the 650K buys and missing streaming and international buys. Very curious what the final number will come in at. They were predicting 2.1 million so currently it is a long way from that.

Thats spin from an industry journalist who is a friendly face, hence why he was the one to break the preliminary PPV sales.

International buys, for two Americans, do not add millions of buys. Where does it say 2.1 million?

Thats a lot of money for a sparring session. Easy work and a huge success for all involved, nobody takes a real L except UFC for getting exposed for how little they pay fighters.

Who pays 50$ to see an exhibition????

Those who did deserved to lose that money on that borefest

Fights up for free if you live in the uk or have a VPN. SkySports Boxing had it up for free.

I was way off on my 3m + buys yesterday. I saw this fight talked about and posted everywhere yesterday so figured it had to have done a ton of buys. The vast majority have streamed this for free instead of paying the 50 bucks.

Thats spin from an industry journalist who is a friendly face, hence why he was the one to break the preliminary PPV sales.

International buys, for two Americans, do not add millions of buys. Where does it say 2.1 million?

That is what was estimated before the fight, not the actual number. I was curious how close they would get to their estimate.

If the 600,00-650,000 figure holds this will be the fifth worst selling PPV of Mayweathers boxing career and the worst since he fought Andre Berto in 2015

Not bad. 650k PPV buys would be considered great for a UFC.

Not many seemingly did.

Mayweather/McGregor, his last PPV prior to Sundays, did 4.3 million buys.

So much for the Paul bros bringing those followers over to buy PPVs.
Sunday night.....not a good night for a big PPV event.

Not many seemingly did.

Mayweather/McGregor, his last PPV prior to Sundays, did 4.3 million buys.

So much for the Paul bros bringing those followers over to buy PPVs.
That was lightning in a bottle, Floyd's swansong against a peak McG, the greatest salesman we've ever seen.

I can't see the buys being great coming from the UK and most of Europe. Not with the Moronic idea to have it on a Sunday us which translated to Monday fuckin morning.

B83D9F1C-3949-40D6-AEDF-11BCC88F7882.jpeg

I didn’t feel any type of “buzz” around this event, in comparison to other Mayweather events. And I live in Miami. This was my text to my boys right before the fight. I didn’t even know it would take place on Sunday until the day before.

You must be a dickhead to pay for this shit

My dad called me yesterday and told me he paid for it. He's not exactly a dickhead he's just 84 years old and he still loves boxing. Those fuckers got him with having Mayweather involved and he fell for it. So I can't quite blame him, he told me he was pretty pissed off about what a piece of shit it was.

But yeah you are 100 percent right.

Back