*** Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff Named Executive Directors of RAW and Smackdown Brands***

ThunderL1ps

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
https://www.si.com/wrestling/2019/0...aw-eric-bischoff-smackdown-live-vince-mcmahon

WWE has named Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff as Executive Directors, Sports Illustrated has learned.

Heyman is set to become Executive Director of Monday Night Raw, while Bischoff will fill the same role for SmackDown Live. Both will report directly to WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon.

WWE confirmed the news with Sports Illustrated, with an official announcement expected later today.

The two positions are full-time executive roles, with no plans at the current time for this to be introduced as part of a TV storyline.

Heyman overseeing the creative development of Raw is scintillating news for wrestling fans. Best known as a pioneer for his innovative work as ECW president from 1993-2001, Heyman took the company to unfathomable heights on pay-per-view and through a national cable television deal with TNN. He is a must-see attraction as an on-screen performer as the advocate for Brock Lesnar, but Heyman’s longest-lasting work happens off-camera with the character development of many on the WWE roster.

Bischoff will also work directly with executives from FOX, which will air SmackDown Live beginning this October.

The former WCW president, immortal in the industry for igniting the New World Order storyline, started a wrestling war in 1995 against Vince McMahon’s WWE on Monday nights. With Bischoff in charge, WCW’s Nitroeven defeated McMahon’s Monday Night Raw in the television ratings for 83 consecutive weeks. Bischoff made his WWE debut in the summer of 2002, appearing as the Raw General Manager. His full-time run with the company ended in 2007, though he has made the occasional return, most recently during the Raw 25th Anniversary show in January of 2018.

Bischoff is a valuable addition for WWE. Most recently, he lent his expertise to Conrad Thompson’s 83 Weeks podcast on Westwood One, as well as delivered a TEDx Talk last November on how the news media is copying from the pro wrestling blueprint. A former New York Times bestselling author, Bischoff is also serving as a producer for the upcoming Hulk Hogan biopic, where Chris Hemsworth is set to play Hogan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could be a smokescreen to fool TV executives or legit move. Either way they still answer to Vinny Mac. Either way, better to have both Heyman and Bischoff -- Heyman especially -- pissing out than pissing in.

AEW will have to look elsewhere for TV help.

giphy.webp

Wonder how much the WWE is throwing at CM Punk right now trying to get him back too?

GiftedBetterAzurevase-small.gif

Heyman and Bischoff aren't going to last long with Vinnie Mac still calling the shots. This all reeks of desperation and isn't going to fix much of anything. Fox is going to go full regerts with the WWE deal soon.

There's no denying what Heyman and Bischoff have done for rasslin, and Heyman still has a great mind for it as it seems, but this is like putting band-aids on broken legs.

65378.svg

How about elevating Drew McIntyre?

Using Aleistar Black?

giphy.gif

Actually going somewhere with Bray Wyatt? this time.

Having factions which could give feuds a longer duration instead of having the same fucking match with two people for six weeks straight? Having extra people in league with Rassler A gives Rassler B more people to fight through to get to A instead of spamming AB, AB, AB, AB like one's playing Sabrewulf on SNES Killer Instinct.

Get Shane McMahon off fucking TV.

What the hell are they doing with Buddy Murphy?
Why is Cedric Alexander part of the 24/7 geeks?
What the hell are they doing with Asuka? Nakamura? Rusev? Owens? LUKE HARPER? EC3? Moon? Roode? Gable? hell this list could keep going and going all the way down the damn roster.

Everything is Reigns, Rollins, Shane McMahon, Corbin and it's the drizzling shits.

Although Reigns is still shaking off the shit from being hamfisted to the top because Vince jerks it to Roman and wants Rock 2.0 RIGHT NOW. Reigns is a talent, just don't know about top talent, but he could be. Guy steadily improves but his moveset kinda sucks ass. Corbin is solid and underappreciated but suffers from the hamfisting too. Rollins is fucking obnoxious and Shane shouldn't be on TV.. You mean to tell me that in today's WWE, which probably has the most talented roster of pro-rasslin' of all time, Shane McMahon is the key ingredient to fucking everything WWE?

Could probably piss and dip about WWE sucking ass all day.

Couple things came up while gif hunting:

tumblr_oviuo8j0RW1vao3k0o4_400.gif

Hopefully, with the XFL coming up Vince will take a step back. I doubt that will happen but what's the point in hiring these guys if he's just gonna shoot down all of their ideas? I saw a comment somewhere else saying it's like hiring a new captain on the Titanic after they had already hit the iceberg, which I think is a good analogy. I'm cautiously optimistic about this move.

Vince is still in charge but I hope that Eric and Paul are more able to get things through to con e.

So what's the real scoop with this move? Is Vince just trying to keep both those guys from getting involved with AEW? Is business so bad he's getting desperate? What's really going on in the land of muscled retards?

So what's the real scoop with this move? Is Vince just trying to keep both those guys from getting involved with AEW? Is business so bad he's getting desperate? What's really going on in the land of muscled retards?

Scapegoats

Hopefully, with the XFL coming up Vince will take a step back. I doubt that will happen but what's the point in hiring these guys if he's just gonna shoot down all of their ideas? I saw a comment somewhere else saying it's like hiring a new captain on the Titanic after they had already hit the iceberg, which I think is a good analogy. I'm cautiously optimistic about this move.

So AEW can't.

Bollocks if you think this will change anything with Vince in charge and probably doubling up on fucking with SD now there is a Fox deal. Also how can you have different creative directions with no real brand split? Bischoff and Heyman would kill each other if they really had independence. You could put Dusty and Cornette in ‘charge’ and it wouldn’t mean a damn.

Last edited:
Only way this would work is if Vince gave them both near total control and offered a bonus to who had the better rating on average at the end of each quarter.

Oh and the Brand split is still a thing....

Let them have a legit no shit draft behind closed doors with no camera to pick their players, take a couple weeks to reshuffle storyline wise (without saying why) and let them go.

Competition is good

Only way this would work is if Vince gave them both near total control and offered a bonus to who had the better rating on average at the end of each quarter.

Which he absolutely should do. Vince has to see the writing on the wall, if some drastic changes aren't made. Ratings are one thing, but now they're drawing house show numbers to RAW, and are routinely blacking out large sections for TV. Think I heard they drew a whopping 3500 this past week for RAW. That is ABYSMAL. They're floundering hard.

Oh and the Brand split is still a thing....

Let them have a legit no shit draft behind closed doors with no camera to pick their players, take a couple weeks to reshuffle storyline wise (without saying why) and let them go.

Competition is good

Ain’t happening. The older he gets, the more he goes back to old shit which is why it isn’t HHH and say Dustin Rhodes running the two shows separately with nobody to report to except for the ratings each quarter.

I’ve been listening to some podcasts recently and people are going, Heyman, ok, he knows the product, history, is in the business, has massive respect/hate, knows most of the top the wrestlers personally BUT Bischoff...? Russo probably has a better knowledge of the product and history currently. Remember that Bischoff fucked up TNA as much as Russo did.

I’ve been listening to some podcasts recently and people are going, Heyman, ok, he knows the product, history, is in the business, has massive respect/hate, knows most of the top the wrestlers personally BUT Bischoff...? Russo probably has a better knowledge of the product and history currently. Remember that Bischoff fucked up TNA as much as Russo did.

Back