Paul Harris deserved to be cut

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by tshafer26, Oct 10, 2013.

1. tshafer26

tshafer26 Orange Belt

Lot of people complaining about his release and comparing it to the Hendo KO over Bisping and let's clear the air the ref had not yet stopped the fight and yes it was uncalled but it's nothing like what has happened when Paul Harris held on too submissions well after the tap and the ref prying him off the fighter. He has a history of this and people complaining about his cut are just looking for reasons to hate on Dana and the Zuffa brand and I'm glad they cut him before he held onto a heel hook too long and seriously injured someone

2. Straight G

Straight G Blue Belt

There's another thread with the Bisping argument, post there, stop making unnecessary threads.

3. wigglestick

wigglestick pess de gward Platinum Member

FUCK i just got off work holy shit hes cut? I remember posting the hendo gif on the first page of one of those palhares hating threads, my point is that a fighter can't tap when hes out cold, and hendo knew he was out thats why he put everything into his last punch because he knew the ref was going to pull him off right after, brain damage or possible knee/foot damage is the question, some people would rather not have brain damage. you can mention other examples like dong doing it to silva but it still is what it is which is unsportsmanlike. Most people saying palhares meant to hang on longer use his past suspension as a reason but I look at the fight itself and don't think his intention was to hold on longer then he had too, hes just not that smart/wasn't paying attention to the ref as much as holding on to the leg because people can get out of those fairly easy as compared to a triangle or an armbar just my 2 cents

4. El Maestro

El Maestro Yellow Belt

wiggleshit, Henderson and Palhares are totally different in that one instance was prior to ref intervention and the other was past. It makes all the difference in the world

5. Tankeray

Tankeray The Progeny of Beast of Woe

6. Fists of Fire

Fists of Fire Silver Belt

Didnt see it live but when i heard about it i thought maybe he did deserve to be cut. I watched it earlier today, and its nowhere near as bad as i thought it would be. Bellator would be smart to make him an offer right away.

7. wigglestick

wigglestick pess de gward Platinum Member

first lol at wiggleshit you mad bro? anyways you didn't get my point ref intervening has nothing to do with it, hendo knows its over if his opponent is out cold and he knew he was thats why he did the power punch before the ref came in which is unsportsmanlike which is the same thing people are hating on palhares like if palhares held on for 5 seconds after tapping it wouldn't matter if the ref intervened or not so thats not the point. shit I didn't care I'm glad he did it cause I don't like bisping so I think your just missing my point because I posted the same thing before he was cut and a few agreed, but its no reason to get mad bro :D

8. Contraction**

Contraction** Banned Banned

Glad he's banned

9. Well Done

Well Done White Belt

I don't know if he deserved to be cut or not, but he has a history of holding onto subs after the ref intervenes. Last time he got a 90 day suspension, and now I guess the UFC decided that this time, he's packing his bags and leaving the organization.

Also, whats with all this Hendo/Bisping stuff? Maybe that flying H-bomb after the first one was a bit excessive, but the ref hadn't stepped in to stop it. I think a better example would be Rampage vs Wand 3. I know it's the heat of the moment and the emotions were running high, but Jackson blasted him with 3 more shots after he was clearly out, 2 of which were when the ref was CLEARLY trying to pull him off.

Maybe he had a quick flashback of the 2 previous beatings in PRIDE and wanted to get a few extra punches in.

10. Ghost in the Shell

Ghost in the Shell DEUS EX MACHINA Platinum Member

So has the rule of releasing the hold after 0.3 seconds been passed yet? If it hasn't, this is absolutely unprofessional.

11. fugly

fugly Yellow Belt

Stupid decision to let him go. This could have been simply dealt with Dana telling Rousimar 'you lose your 50K Bonus and try pulling this stunt again and you will be joining Paul Daley'. This particular event was probably blown out of proportion.

12. Goonerview

Goonerview Gold Belt

He didn't even hold on for that long.

I usially agree with Dana, but this is f**kimg BS of the highest proportions.

13. Ghost in the Shell

Ghost in the Shell DEUS EX MACHINA Platinum Member

Welcome to the club, we're a little over in the double digits so feel honoured.

14. Olir

Olir Brown Belt

I always maintained Henderson should be banned for saying he knew Bisping was out before delivering that horrific follow up shot.