Paul Felder vs Jim Miller / UFC on FOX 15

Jim Miller historically struggled with long, rangy fighters (Healy, Henderson, Diaz, Cerrone).

I got Felder by speed and strength. I think Miller will try to get the takedown, and if Felder denies him a couple of times he'll think "fuck this", get into and exchange and get finished. No doubt Miller is going to go out on the shield.

Doesn't Felder train at Jackson's? I wonder if he spars with Khabilov and what that looks like.

People thought Yancy Medeiros would beat Miller too.. He shut down that train quick. Felder is good, don't overestimate him.

Felder would have beaten Hector Lombard AND Josh Burkman the other night.
Dude is a HUGE LW with solid TDD and crisp, hard striking.

I love Jim Miller, but if he can't get this to the ground, he gon get murked.

Thought it was a little early for this matchup, Felder is on a one fight win streak, and Jim Miller is a top 10/15 guy. He looked spectacular against Castillo though, and he probably wins for the reasons already mentioned.

One fight win streak?

Felder would have beaten Hector Lombard AND Josh Burkman the other night.
Dude is a HUGE LW with solid TDD and crisp, hard striking.

I love Jim Miller, but if he can't get this to the ground, he gon get murked.

haha oh boy.. What's next? You gonna say he hes a chance against McGregor too?

This sounds very similar to the Yancy fight. Rangy opponent with good standup coming off of a big knockout....also he trains with Diaz who beat Jim.

Also interesting is that both these guys have come up in the same regional circuit, Felder has actually beaten a few guys Jim trains with. I wouldn't sleep on Miller in this figĥt

Great opportunity for Felder. But I'll ride with the Millers 4 lyfe, love those guys.

After Felders performance over Castillo I go with him.. the man is HUGE for LW and he knows how to strike... plus his TDD looked stellar against a grinder like Danny Castillo.

Doesn't Felder train at Jackson's? I wonder if he spars with Khabilov and what that looks like.

According to the hype he is getting in here it is most likely that he spars with Overeem and Jones... in fact he was the one who injuried Jones, not Overeem.

Jim had an unreal streak going at one point, but ultimately falls short against real tough guys. So this seems like a very winnable fight for him, not taking anything away from Paul but Jim just seems to be on a higher level.

Wouldn't want to bet, but I'm sure Jim will win this. UD. 30-27

Jim had an unreal streak going at one point, but ultimately falls short against real tough guys. So this seems like a very winnable fight for him, not taking anything away from Paul but Jim just seems to be on a higher level.

Wouldn't want to bet, but I'm sure Jim will win this. UD. 30-27

I think you're not giving Felder any credit. Guy totally shut Castillo down, after he had a competitive fight with Ferguson. Felder has amazing standup and Castillo never had any good takedown opportunities. I'm not saying I'd bet on it, but I think Felder takes this by way of technical striking, size, and incredible poise for a guy who has only had one fight in the UFC prior to Castillo. I'm expecting a 29-28 decision if Miller is on top of his game(Felder UD), or a late TKO by Felder if Miller struggles with a huge LW like he did against Healy. There are still some questions regarding Felder, but I'm looking forward to him addressing that, and adding another top ten LW to the ridiculously stacked division.

Terrific fight. Think Felder takes it, though.

Miller gets it done in a grinding affair but he's getting tagged for sure... tough guy like him will walk thru it tho

Damn Felder getting a good test here in his 2nd appearance. Felder about to make serious waves at LW for sure

third, dont worry his first fight was very forgettable and i'm sure a lot of people had no idea who he was and thought it was his debut against castillo.

One fight win streak?

I meant it to be tongue-in-cheek. He didn't look impressive in his fight against the other TUF guy but he looked great against Castillo so whatever, I suppose it's not a bad matchup. I wouldn't count Miller out though.

I'm rooting for Miller, he just seems like that guy that is constantly working hard. I can't help but root for him. I think Felder is a bad stylistic match up for him though.

As a big Jim Miller fan and someone who is excited about Felder's prospects, I don't want this fight. :(

Back