Rumored *** Oliveira vs. Islam MEGA THREAD (Rumored for October 22nd) ***

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Felder and Chiesa for being real, on the other hand Hooker and Chandler pretend to not know Islam. They dismiss him to make it look like he would be a walk in the park for them. Hypocrites.

Islam is probably the worst matchup for Chucky. They are not wrong but I doubt Chuck will still be champ by the time they fight.

I rate Charles a lot more highly than a lot of people on Sherdog and even then I am not at all sold on him being an insurmountable opponent for Dustin or even Gaethje on a good day. Those are all close to pick 'em fights if you ask me; I'd probably give a relatively slight lean of Poirier over Olives and Do Bronx over Gaethje if you forced me to make preliminary picks, though. Not sure exactly what they see in Dariush that makes him this tremendous threat to Charles that Poirier and Gaethje are not (and again, I rate Beneil pretty highly).

But I'm sticking by my stance. The water has been chummed at the top of the division at 155 with Khabib's departure. I don't see any given champion -- Oliveira, Poirier, Gaethje, Dariush, Conor, Chandler, whoever -- managing to achieve more than two title defenses at the very most before being dethroned. The belt will be a goddamn hot potato for the next year or two, maybe longer. There's just too much parity now; they're all killers with compelling stylistic match-ups for one another. The only person I can see bucking this trend in the foreseeable future is perhaps Islam if he proves to be as dominant as promised and installs himself as the new king (wouldn't surprise me at all), but even then I can see a few decent challenges for him on the road. I'm excited to see how it all plays out, frankly.

At this point, Islam??....
<FookIsThatGuy>

***ALL THE TALK ABOUT THE POTENTIAL OLIVEIRA VS ISLAM FIGHT, DISCUSS IT HERE

That’s the big difference here. Charles is finishing people after getting rocked lately because his last 5 have been against guys who have no grappling.

Islam laid in the guard of Davi ramos for 10 minutes. He won’t be scared and let Charles up. This fight will be the real test for Olives.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not really sure the previous fights are actually relevant

The question is if islam is going to be able to control Charles on the ground

I
I don't remember who gets knockdown in every title fight, Oliveira might be the only one.

FMotdmiWYAMDHaZ

He's the new Big Nog.

He’s the most unimpressive impressive fighter ever lol. It’s so bizarre. F tier defense with A+ tier offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back