1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Media Paul felder & Michael Chiesa pick Islam Makhachev as the one to dethrone Oliveira

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Peli, May 18, 2021.

1. Peli Silver Belt

I don't think Charles Oliveira will be champion if Islam gets to the title picture. I think dustin, gaethje, can dethrone him. Charles winning was great, but the fight against chandler was 50-50. He didn't exactly look stellar(neither did chandler) There's more parity at LW now.

Felder also says Beneil is a dark horse to challenge charles .

{<jordan}

This is all hype talk. UFC PR BS.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  2. Substance Abuse Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

Possible. He needs to fight often enough to get there, that's for sure. Dober isn't the yard stick for which his talent or title aspirations should be measured. While I understand top guys not wanting to be wrestled to death - especially RDA after both Colby and Usman did it to him - someone will eventually step up and fight him if he wins enough fights.

NikLuk, StrangerToGod and giovanni_ss like this.
  3. Peli Silver Belt

I just think its crazy they think dustin or gaethje can't be oliveira when oliveira was just in a 50-50 fight. I think dustin is a better fighter than Chandler, I think he's more dangerous than chandler.

4. kingmob6 Brown Belt

well, he is doing the right thing. Not waiting for someone to step, and giving a step up himself to an up and coming fighter. Activity is necessary for Islam regardless, he has lost a lot of time and needs to continue the momentum.

Substance Abuse likes this.
  5. Herwald Black Belt

Active fighters as analysts just isn't right. Be either or. This is such a bad ass sport where everyone at every turn tries to bait weakness and humility out of you... to watch Felder be a LW contender and cuck around like this... it ain't right, man.

At the same time, if you're an analyst - you have no right to shit on fighters and steal their shine after a win or to not be objective about a situation. So Felder - rightfully, as an active fighter - saying he son'd Oliveira like no one else and that Ismak can wait while Felder schools this dude again - wouldn't be right either.

None of this is right.

6. rakeleaves Brown Belt

Dariush can absolutely give Olivera a run for his money. When are people gonna stop sleeping on Beneil?

AndrewGolota48 likes this.
  7. Peli Silver Belt

by the time these guys fight, neither of them will be in the title picture. Dariush got a gratitous jump, up six spots beating tony, while tony only goes down one and oliveira as happy as I was to see him win, I don't see him being a long reigning champion. Dariush doesn't want to fight til december. By then oliveira might be facing the winner of conor /dustin or even gaethje because he wants to take an extended time off

8. Leviticus White Belt

They just want him to be the next Khabib which he is not.

9. Ajax41 Orange Belt

Dariush is beast but hes WAY to sloppy in the striking and grappling to survive the buzzsaw.

StrangerToGod and Peli like this.
  10. Chivas GDL Brown Belt

Olivera KOs him

11. GoldenSnitch Banned Banned

well if you're not going fight him and openly admit you want no part

you give up your ranking

Sorry Felder but you just dropped a spot IMO

12. Orochimaru 大蛇丸 Red Belt Platinum Member

You're 100% right, are they told to say this shit or?

Oliveira would've lost if Chandler had better fight IQ, not to take anything away from Oliveira, but he's a toss up against several guys at 155, if he and Chandler rematched it would be a toss up

IMO Gaethje, Dustin, and possibly even Conor would KO Oliveira

13. Orochimaru 大蛇丸 Red Belt Platinum Member

I don't get why he's still ranked, it's been forever since he fought, and I remember him sounding like he was pretty much done

14. Peli Silver Belt

imo, and I'm not trying to disparage them, but they see it through the lens of journeymen fighters. they don't want to call the little guy out because look what happen with oliveira kinda thing.

I don't know why they're making oliveira sound like brazillian khabib though.

15. Ackmed Black Belt

But...but..but...I thought it's only Muslim fans, trolls and teammates like DC or Khabib who think Islam will be LW champion?!

@TempleoftheDog don't get mad

Habib The Eagle likes this.
  16. billz2k White Belt

Felder knows he has no chance against Islam if he takes the fight if he's saying this.

blaseblah likes this.
  17. Small Town Andrew Brown Belt

I think Justin is the easiest fight for Charles in the top 5. His grappling is atrocious.

I also think Charles would strangle Dustin but only time will tell

Islam vs Charles is a tough fight for Charles. Islam looked like a monster in his last fight

Ackmed, Argonaut and theTKDguy like this.
  18. TriangleMonkey Red Belt

Islam ragdoll all of them, but its mma and anybody can get clipped and sent reeling so theres alwaus a chance for anyone.

19. Kafirov Banned Banned

Gaethje has the best chance of beating Charles

20. theTKDguy Red Belt

I agree, he's got the best shot imo. Dustin, justin and chandler all have a decent shot at ko'ing charlie, but they are primed to get sub'ed quite easily when it hits the mat.

Ackmed and Argonaut like this.