Paul Felder is the man

Bad decision tbh. If you want to fight again, you don’t fucking decide on 5 days notice if you’re serious about it or value your health. Did he not decide to retire in the first place because of his family? And now he does this? Idiot.

Naw, that's by far the best kind of fight when you're semi retired. 5 days, that means pretty much no wear and tear on your body from sparring or training (I'm sure you are aware of how many injuries are suffered during training camp that result in cancellations). Yeah, he's probably not "serious" about continuing his career, he's just doing one fight for fun and money. Fighters love to fight.

As for the family, 5 days also means almost zero time away from family, which is part of the reason fighters want to retire so they don't have to be away for long 8 week training camps. And of course, a 5 day notice fight means extra money from UFC so more money for his family.

All in all, great decision.

Bad decision tbh. If you want to fight again, you don’t fucking decide on 5 days notice if you’re serious about it or value your health. Did he not decide to retire in the first place because of his family? And now he does this? Idiot.
I don't think he was ever legit retired, if he was he'd be out of the testing pool and this fight wouldn't be possible. He likely never stopped training hard.

It is to help his career after fighting. Dana is going to be thankful and hook him up long term with the announcing gig. Not hard to understand really.

How is he gonna perform for the announcing gig after RDA pounds his brains in? You didn't think this through and neither did he.

It is to help his career after fighting. Dana is going to be thankful and hook him up long term with the announcing gig. Not hard to understand really.
Doesn’t he already have an announcing gig?

You think the ufc decides long term announcing gigs based on taking fights??

"Normally this wouldn’t even be in the cards to even think about because I’d be 195, 198."

Wow. This is the reality of the "lightweight" division. Guys pushing 200 lbs.
Been like that for about a decade now

Look at it on the bright side. He took the fight on 5 days notice, won't be away from his family for very long.

Hell yeh. Felder is a great dude & always comes to fight. Saved this one.

He wasn't really retired though was he.

And he (nor cdf) had this same confidence when Islam was calling them out. Oh he was too low ranked then. But unranked RDA isnt.
You're not wrong, but RDA has some name recognition as a former champ and all.

I hope Paul knocks him out cold, and shuts all you negative - Nancy's the fuck up.

War Felder, as usual

Naw, that's by far the best kind of fight when you're semi retired. 5 days, that means pretty much no wear and tear on your body from sparring or training (I'm sure you are aware of how many injuries are suffered during training camp that result in cancellations). Yeah, he's probably not "serious" about continuing his career, he's just doing one fight for fun and money. Fighters love to fight.

As for the family, 5 days also means almost zero time away from family, which is part of the reason fighters want to retire so they don't have to be away for long 8 week training camps. And of course, a 5 day notice fight means extra money from UFC so more money for his family.

All in all, great decision.
its a winnable fight also. not sure how rda will look, hes older and left LW in 2016 and has racked up some Ls to big guys (and colby) at 170. he obviously wont be like he was in 2015-2016 but maybe he does a little better than hes been doing at WW. im not sleeping on him at all

Easy money on RDA thank you betting gods

I'm certain Felder has been training specifically for RDA - A birdie from Philly tells me this was in the works for a couple of weeks, and the UFC is selling the narrative. Still, it should be a good fight. But let's not fool ourselves into believing that Felder is walking at 20+ pounds lighter than he usually does for "biking and swimming" in late October and early November. The man has been training.

not a boss move sorry. after hearing a couple felder interviews i see what is really going on here. he sees this as a win-win situation. his words not mine. he considers rda a highly skilled opponent for some reason saying if he loses then so what_it was RDA!! on short notice!! he doesnt want to win or prove he is a good fighter!! he wants attention like the acting cuck that he is. he will enamour in the glory of stepping in to "save" a fight card LMAO. what i didnt hear from felder is that he sees this an opportunity to get closer to a big fight--actually he did say that. but what i didnt hear was that he was going to beat rda's ass worse than the last 7 people to do it--consecutively. i dont know--i just feel like felder is giving rda too much credit. actually i got felder by late round tko..rda aint ready for this war..only if felder digs down deep in his bag of manhood same for rda--what a banger of a fight!!!!even tho people seem to be writing felder off--i got this as foty

Props to Paul. I am a fan of RDA, but hard not to root for a guy like Felder in this position.

I hope he is getting a nice fat bonus for this.

i sort of understand your OPPINION
but to call the man an idiot for fighting short notice for OUR entertainment and HIS financial future is just awful taste man.
that hostility is reserved for the war room brah

This must be the new wasteland?

Back