Paul Chek thinks you're full of shit

Noskill

Created Monkey
Reaction score
That's right. And he thinks that's why you can't deadlift shit.

Actual quote: "So when I start cleaning these people out, I actually have to re-educate their bowels to move."

But he's cool though, he starts by only touching you, pretending to teach you the fucktard's cable lunge:

image011.jpg

I have my doubts that the enema serves a dual function.
Anyway, it's all in here.
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=8C9BE99381038BDC433421363669A589.hydra?id=885647

Meh decent read, I'm interested to see what kind of year Mikey Mo puts up training under him. He had a shit year before the lock out.

I have a rule of thumb that if someone starts talking about variations in stool quality, they're not as much a "shit-doctor", they are just a shit doctor.

I liked his schpeil on salt and potato chips. then he says something about the hazards of the stimulant sodium choride. It seems he would think salt and sodium chloride are distinctly different compounds. Now while I recognize there are different kinds of salt, sodium chloride is almost exclusively the salt that we consume, and it's not a stimulant.

the article was fun, but you know how these things work: if it sounds too good to be true, it is. People who read and act when they see this shit are weak when they read it and are looking for a new gimmick. I know cause I was them for a long time. There's some tidbits and rules of thumb i like in there: if you can't pronounce the ingredients of a food: don't eat it.

Eat the steak, spit out the grizzle, don't bitch about the bones. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's my new sig.

Urban said:
if you can't pronounce the ingredients of a food: don't eat it..
My problem with that rule is that anyone with a decent vocabulary who has studied organic chemistry can eat a whole hell of a lot more junk than your average person. I don't see why my A level in chemistry means my body is better at dealing with additives.

Urban said:
Eat the steak, spit out the grizzle, don't bitch about the bones. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's my new sig.

I didn't find any meat. I mean, not even the bit about nutrition was sound.
I had been told he was a phony. I thought he was a Pavel-like phony, but he turned out to be worse than Furey. This guy knows nothing, he has opinions that'S all.

And personally, I think 'spirituality' means nothing. I never found a suitable definition of it.

Why are they training with their shirts off? ...And why is that shirtless man touching that other shirtless man?

fat_wilhelm said:
Why are they training with their shirts off? ...And why is that shirtless man touching that other shirtless man?

After doing submission wrestling with dudes in only tight speedos that dont bother me. Still I can realise that in that context it do look a litle ..ehrm dekadent...;)

fat_wilhelm said:

(insert Brokedick Mountain joke here)

Noskill said:
I didn't find any meat. I mean, not even the bit about nutrition was sound.
I had been told he was a phony. I thought he was a Pavel-like phony, but he turned out to be worse than Furey. This guy knows nothing, he has opinions that'S all.

And personally, I think 'spirituality' means nothing. I never found a suitable definition of it.

so pavel is a phony, or what is pavel-like phony?

i dont know who this guy is, but he appears by all indications to be genetically gifted based on that age 12 pic. he could probably eat nothing but popcorn and mayonaise and still be more ripped and more strong than anyone on this board. he could even recommend popcorn and mayo diets and some people would buy into it because hes an accomplished guy. theres a lot of voodoo in that article.

initialdproject said:
so pavel is a phony, or what is pavel-like phony?

Yeah, Pavel is a phony. A Pavel-like phony is better than a Furey-like phony. But now you also have Chek-like phonies. Those workout with you naked, want your ass to be clean and tell you that you are one with the universe. And you can bet they want to be one with you too.

I mean, what is there left? You are already naked with a guy and you just washed your ass.

I was going to quote a ridiculous part o fthat article, but there is just so much to quote so I'm not going to bother except to say that he is nuts.

I'm feeling you on this one, NoSkill.

But not in any Paul Chek kind of way. The very cold, very scientific, very disinfectant kind of way.

SmashiusClay said:
My problem with that rule is that anyone with a decent vocabulary who has studied organic chemistry can eat a whole hell of a lot more junk than your average person. I don't see why my A level in chemistry means my body is better at dealing with additives.
Don't think your post was missed... I read it and I understood the humor.

ToughChick said:
Don't think your post was missed... I read it and I understood the humor.
oh but it was ENTIRELY missed by me. And while I can pronounce the ingredients on almost any package out of sheer literacy and not a chemistry background, anyone who can do the same should understand and be able to obide by the principle.

Back