Patterson: Ingemar Johansson hit harder than Sonny Liston

but it sounds like it was true. He did, after all, have the right attitude to please white people, he said all the right things, a sellout, ali called him an uncle tom,

Ali called everyone "uncle tom" if he could attack him with that. If we are honest Ali was a hypocritic race baiter back then. Nation of Islam was his thing combined with racial separatism in a very hateful way.

Its imo quite the joke and a pattern through human history that extremists have much more in common with the opponents extremist party than moderate people. Ali even appeared with Ku Klux Clan one time to talk for racial separation.

When he got older and had Parkinson that wasnt the case anymore but throughout his career that were his world views and people like Martin Luther King were disgusted with his behaviour.

1975 Interview
“We’ll kill anybody who tries to mess around with our women.” But suppose the black woman wanted to be with the white man, the interviewer asked. “Then she dies,” Ali answered. “Kill her too.”

So fuck ALI for his political views back then 10x! It wasnt simple marketing but just extreme hate speech and he got away with it because he was a famous athlete.

Patterson wasnt a sellout at all but he wasnt political extremist like Ali who wanted interracial couples lynched. Thats why he was calles "uncle Tom". How anyone can defend Ali here is really beyond my imagination.

Ali called everyone "uncle tom" if he could attack him with that. If we are honest Ali was a hypocritic race baiter back then. Nation of Islam was his thing combined with racial separatism in a very hateful way.

Its imo quite the joke and a pattern through human history that extremists have much more in common with the opponents extremist party than moderate people. Ali even appeared with Ku Klux Clan one time to talk for racial separation.

When he got older and had Parkinson that wasnt the case anymore but throughout his career that were his world views and people like Martin Luther King were disgusted with his behaviour.

1975 Interview

So fuck ALI for his political views back then 10x! It wasnt simple marketing but just extreme hate speech and he got away with it because he was a famous athlete.

He was obviously a racist, but I don't see how he was hypocritical about it

Julian Jackson or Randall Bailey

He was obviously a racist, but I don't see how he was hypocritical about it

The hypocritical part is that he tried to present himself to the public as some civil rights activist (and it worked) when in reality that was his input.

The hypocritical part is that he tried to present himself to the public as some civil rights activist (and it worked) when in reality that was his input.

How is that in conflict with being a racist? He wanted a seperation. White people downgraded blacks and separated. That it is a crucial difference. And I frankly don't blame him for his resentment towards white. Black people were treated and viewed awfully.

Last edited:
How is that in conflict with being a racist? He wanted a seperation. White people downgraded blacks and separated. That it is a crucial difference. And I frankly don't blame him for his resentment towards white. Black people were treated and viewed awfully.

My bad to try to discuss with a troll. Should have known with all your nonsense posts in stand up section.

1975 Interview

Patterson wasnt a sellout at all but he wasnt political extremist like Ali who wanted interracial couples lynched. Thats why he was calles "uncle Tom". How anyone can defend Ali here is really beyond my imagination.
I know all about ali and how some people love or loathe him, thanks. Patterson did come across as a sellout to more than Ali, Cosell seems to call him out in his book and concluded with something like, "I can see who he really is now". There was another writer, might have been Jerry Izenberg who got that impression too. I respect a lot of things about patterson, I really do, but listening to his interviews from back then you could see why he was called "freud" patterson, kind of a headcase. Over analytical and fake nice, he wasn't as nice as he acted and people saw through that. Still, a good man, fine fighter and as for he and Ali, although Patterson never stopped calling him "Clay" he did say that they would warmly embrace whenever they met in later years, Patterson was an early Hero to "Clay" after all.

Back