Patriot Prayer rally in OR

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
I was there most of the day. Pretty mild tbh. The tacticool LARPers were really putting on a show, though.
Also, some nazi dude accidentally got maced by his buddy fumbling around like a moron.
Cops had that shit locked down once everything settled in to place. Muuuch better than last time.
I will say that some demographic elements surprised me. There was a group of maybe 3 first nation dudes on the right side and I was like whaaaaaaaat good lord. Turns out they hate immigrants enough to overlap with guys rambling loudly about the evils of race mixing.

So without me clicking on that link, which broad group of people am I supposed to hate?

It really was very mellow, comparatively speaking

I like on MSM news headline was “clashes in Portland right wing vs anti racist protesters” ..... lol lol

I was there most of the day. Pretty mild tbh. The tacticool LARPers were really putting on a show, though.
Also, some nazi dude accidentally got maced by his buddy fumbling around like a moron.
Cops had that shit locked down once everything settled in to place. Muuuch better than last time.
I will say that some demographic elements surprised me. There was a group of maybe 3 first nation dudes on the right side and I was like whaaaaaaaat good lord. Turns out they hate immigrants enough to overlap with guys rambling loudly about the evils of race mixing.
I'm sorry, but this is not politically correct. It doesn't matter if the intergroup ratio of racist scum to "antifa" was off the charts, or that there was little violence. This does not conform to our narrative.

It really was very mellow, comparatively speaking
Well, sure, if throwing shit and piss, hitting people with clubs and watching people gush blood out their heads is "mellow."

I like on MSM news headline was “clashes in Portland right wing vs anti racist protesters” ..... lol lol
EXACTLY!

The difference between what reporting focuses on and the actual rally climate is.... fascinating
There was a hippy dude that set up shop on the right side with a big bucket of soapy water and sticks with ropes to make huge bubbles. He just hung around, makin bubbles.

Well, sure, if throwing shit and piss, hitting people with clubs and watching people gush blood out their heads is "mellow."

EXACTLY!
Dude, it was fine lol
Again, I was physically there for several hours.

Dude, it was fine lol
Again, I was physically there for several hours.
Dude, you were in one place. I posted several videos as evidence. They cannot all be faked.

Dude, you were in one place. I posted several videos as evidence. They cannot all be faked.
Dude, it's extremely easy to focus cameras wherever you want to paint a narrative.
Pretty much all the actual conflict, if you could even call it that, was near the beginning. Things settled in quickly and were largely uneventful. The police were much more in control this time.
And I spent hours actively walking around both sides. It really isn't a big area.

Brb believing teh internetz over what I saw and heard with my own ears and eyeballs over hours of milling around

So, itt an idiot from the east coast is going to argue with a person who actually attended the rally, trying to frame it as an episode of mass leftist violence.

This should be great, keep it going.

Brb believing teh internetz over what I saw and heard with my own ears and eyeballs over hours of milling around

I don't know why you're trying to refute video evidence. You might not have personally witnessed anything, but clearly some shit was going down where you weren't. Why is it so hard to accept that you weren't everywhere at all times, and might not have seen anything that's being reported?

There was one guy that had made himself what appeared to be a suit of knight armor out of tacticool gear + metal knee/elbow joints with a knight type face guard. I'm not describing it well, but he looked ridiculous.

So, itt an idiot from the east coast is going to argue with a person who actually attended the rally, trying to frame it as an episode of mass leftist violence.

This should be great, keep it going.
Yeah he's barking up the wrong tree lol

BraveCharmingBlowfish-max-1mb.gif

There was one guy that had made himself what appeared to be a suit of knight armor out of tacticool gear + metal knee/elbow joints with a knight type face guard. I'm not describing it well, but he looked ridiculous.

It wasn't made out of redbull cans, was it?

I don't know why you're trying to refute video evidence. You might not have personally witnessed anything, but clearly some shit was going down where you weren't. Why is it so hard to accept that you weren't everywhere at all times, and might not have seen anything that's being reported?
My apologies for not being literally omnipresent
I'm telling you, things settled in and then fuck all happened. We have had way worse rallies. Despite what a million cameras focused on generating a narrative may show, there wasnt much interaction. It went on for hours and the squabbling was pretty much just at the start, thickest when the right side dudes were physically getting in to their permitted rally zone.
The police locked it down very quickly.

It wasn't made out of redbull cans, was it?
There was also a guy in, like, full flight (???) gear. It was military looking shit but he had the big sunglasses helmet with attached respirator thing. He was obviously super overheated and kept having to stand in the fountain.

Back