News Patrick Smith, UFC 1, 2 and 6 fighter, passes away

Status
Not open for further replies.
He put on some good, fun fights in those early days, but the sexual assault conviction with the 14 year old kind of spoils the memories.

Right on. I agree that we can remember someone’s athletic achievements, but at the same time never ignore the very real and vile things they’ve done.

Unlike a lot of “black belts” from back then Smith’s striking was actually functional. Here’s an example of him cleaning up shop at the Sabaki challenge in 93’.

Any word on how he died? RIP

The main source about his death is an unsourced tweet from MiddleEasy, which seems to come from an unsourced post on the Underground.

I just found a GoFundMe page made during his fight against bladder cancer, which is now a fundraiser for his funeral. If that page is real, then you have your answer.

He put on some good, fun fights in those early days, but the sexual assault conviction with the 14 year old kind of spoils the memories.
This.

Why are you people glorifying this monster?

You should all be ashamed of yourselves!!

Interesting fact very few of you know; he beat Andy Hug in the K-1 1994 GP. Via TKO. It was legit.

I know, right?

This.

Why are you people glorifying this monster?

Cuz they obviously had no idea he raped a 14 year old 15 years ago.

I did, but you have to be a longtime fan with a good memory to recall something like this. That simply does not describe the majority of the SD.

decent fighter by early UFC standards.

Shitty human being.

Was just about to drop a real heart felt until I read this ↑↑↑ and had to investigate, who knew..? I will thank him for his early contributions to the sport of mma and wish him peace in the great beyond...
Well at least you draw a line somewhere. I was starting to believe Jones could do pretty much anything and you would still ride his nuts. This is definitely one of those things i would hope to never hear a fighter do, including Jones no matter how much i hate the guy.

One of the first well rounded guys to show some skills. Rip.

KO of the year winner 1994, RIP
tumblr_m1t0ofq6xa1qhndw9o2_250.gif

I like how back then the ref didn’t step in to stop the fight when the other guy is obviously out

He would just signal n let the fighter pretty much decide when he’s done

Well at least you draw a line somewhere. I was starting to believe Jones could do much anything and you would still ride his nuts. This is definitely one of those things i would hope to never hear a fighter do, including Jones no matter how much i hate the guy.

What is it you don't get about being a fight fan man? The man can fight you can stay judging and hating, and I'll keep watching him fight. As for riding nutz not my thang man, but you do you friend.

I'll never forgot those elbows he landed on homeboy
On that nija fellow? I’ll never forget Norris trying to stand up after Pat was do e with him. His face was messed up really badly.

That was when the Just Bleed’er awoke in me, was the first UFC card I’d ever seen.

What is it you don't get about being a fight fan man? The man can fight you can stay judging and hating, and I'll keep watching him fight. As for riding nutz not my thang man, but you do you friend.
Who's nutz do i ride exactly that tops you riding Jones nutz? Apparently i triggered your ass. Its hilarious.

A true OG. The first MMA fighter, fight, and stoppage I ever saw when I randomly flipped through channels and saw UFC 2 in 2004. Got me to fall in love with MMA from that point on. RIP

He was one scary MOF back in the day. He was all killer instinct. I wonder how he died?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back