News Patrick Smith, UFC 1, 2 and 6 fighter, passes away

Status
Not open for further replies.
A true pioneer, and a real bad ass. Even beat Andy Hug in kick boxing.

giphy.gif

Any word on how he died? RIP

WWE and UFC will have a life expectancy of mid-low 50s. Years of brain trauma, substance abuse, bad diets, too much weight, the list goes on

Diaz bros will outlive us all

Brawk will be lucky to see 50

That may be but the guy just died and this is a RIP thread.
Should he also be insulted at his own funeral? Should people go piss on his grave?
Show some respect, kid.
He’s a kiddy fiddler, nuff said. Shows what kind of person you are

WWE and UFC will have a life expectancy of mid-low 50s. Years of brain trauma, substance abuse, bad diets, too much weight, the list goes on

Diaz bros will outlive us all

Brawk will be lucky to see 50
I used to work as a life insurance actuary. You'd be surprised how common it is for people to die in their 50's. Average is mid 70's. But that includes a lot of people in their 90's and a lot of people in their 40's or 50's.

yeh dawg agree. no need to go piss on his grave, but also we shouldn't hide from the fact he is a kiddy fiddler.
what if it was your (or anyones) daughter? its a dirtbag act and it shouldn't just be swept under the rug.
if we can celebrate his positives, we shouldn't hide from his negatives. otherwise we are just accepting that behavior.

I used to work as a life insurance actuary. You'd be surprised how common it is for people to die in their 50's. Average is mid 70's. But that includes a lot of people in their 90's and a lot of people in their 40's or 50's.

They say 50 is a more dangerous phase than 60 and 70's because people's eventual heart problems surface for the first time. By 60, you know your ageing body better and the big scare is passed

He may be a horrible person, but the fact that you bring it up on such an occasion to insult him makes you a piece of trash.
Learn respect and maybe people will respect you.

I look at it the same way I look at Benoit ie keep separate what he did in the cage/ring from the actions of the man outside of it. He was definitely a tough guy and a well known face in the early days of MMA. I'll leave it at that.

yeh dawg agree. no need to go piss on his grave, but also we shouldn't hide from the fact he is a kiddy fiddler.
what if it was your (or anyones) daughter? its a dirtbag act and it shouldn't just be swept under the rug.
if we can celebrate his positives, we shouldn't hide from his negatives. otherwise we are just accepting that behavior.

Yeah but if you think like that, will you also go on the internet to insult Mike Tyson when he eventually passes? He raped a woman. Or maybe it is not as bad because it was an adult woman? Where to you draw the line? What about Jon Jones, he DUI'd and crashed into a pregnant woman. Will you call him a piece of shit on the day he dies?

My point is that it is bad form to insult a person on the day he dies.

Regular people die in their 50s or is it drug addicts and alcoholics and overweight people or people who just got a random illness?

It would suck to be a regular Joe Schmo construction guy in good shape and drop dead at 50 after working your whole life.

Regular people die in their 50s or is it drug addicts and alcoholics and overweight people or people who just got a random illness?

It would suck to be a regular Joe Schmo construction guy in good shape and drop dead at 50 after working your whole life.
A surprising amount of regular people. They usually have a heart defect they don't know about. Of course your odds are worse if you smoke, drink too much, eat like crap, etc. But still. Previously undiagnosed heart defects are a massive killer.

The guy was scary, truly a mean individual inside the cage.

Good riddance one less dead child molester... it's a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back