News Patrick Smith, UFC 1, 2 and 6 fighter, passes away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly a fan of Bones but I respect the fact that he's the best MMA fighter of all time. Why?
Just a curiousity. You can like any fighter you like, i am just curious of peoples reasons.

Wow that's pretty young to pass away, I actually watched some of UFC 1 during dinner and one of the fights was his heekhook loss to Shamrock, man was he pissed.

Wow. I followed Smith's career throughout his career. From reading about his winning the Sabaki challenge in the pages of Black Belt magazine to seeing him box Buster Mathis Jr. on ESPN to his early UFC appearances to his early K-1 fights. Then, there was the Yamma Pit as well. It's crazy how many different sorts of fighting he did. He was a warrior for sure.
But, damn, that rape conviction just ruined him for me. Some things are just unforgivable.

He put on some good, fun fights in those early days, but the sexual assault conviction with the 14 year old kind of spoils the memories.
Nice signalling on a notification of death of someone.
We get it, you are uncompromising when it comes to certain things and have strong morals. Now GTFO.

RIP Maurice Smith.

Pat Smith was probably the first good striker to do MMA, as well as the ultimate glass cannon.

His offense was excellent, especially for that time. However, he had a weak chin and mediocre defense. And of course, he never learned much wrestling or jits.

His win at the Sabaki Challenge was pretty awesome. I can't find the full highlights on Youtube, but this is how he demolished opponents there;

No way!!

RIP Pat Smith, still one of the most brutal GnP finishes of all time in MMA

RIP Pat...

His beatdown of The Ninja guy was freaking brutal!

In 1999, Smith was convicted of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl. He was later arrested in 2008 after failing to register as a sex offender.

How is this the first I'm hearing of this?
Thread just became uncomfortable
<{ByeHomer}>

Sheeeeiiit I know you’ve seen this shit in every thread about the early days.

2iqdcol.jpg

A true pioneer, and a real bad ass. Even beat Andy Hug in kick boxing.

his stoppage of scott morris was soo beautifully horrific especially for the times..

rip

Oh what? Had no idea the dude was a creep like that... regardless he's a UFC pioneer....

How was he a pioneer by getting stopped in 5 seconds by a grappler? A pioneer is someone that leads the way how to do it.

lol fuck off goof, dude was a sexual predator who sexually assaulted a 14 year old girl when he was in his mid thirties, fuck off
That may be but the guy just died and this is a RIP thread.
Should he also be insulted at his own funeral? Should people go piss on his grave?
Show some respect, kid.

How was he a pioneer by getting stopped in 5 seconds by a grappler? A pioneer is someone that leads the way how to do it.
In his defense he was one of the first strikers who successfully incorporated grappling with his striking. This was on display in his performances in UFC 2 and UFC 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back