Patrick Cummins wants to fight Jimi Manuwa (Manuwa declines)

how the fuck is manuwa in the top 10? who has he beat of significance?

Jimmo, who also beat Sean O'Connell.

RyanJimmo_UFC149robot.gif

jimmo is 3-3 in the ufc and not ranked anywhere near the top 15....like i said, who has manuwa beat of significance?

He was obviously being sarcastic, the fact that he mentions O'Connell as a relevant victory kinda sells it.

the gus haters claim that Manuwa wasn't a top ten win, yet after losing he is in the ufc's top ten. Weird.

Manuwa just needs to accept a fight, any fight.

Manuwa is probably the most overrated fighter right now. The guy only has one legitimate UFC win!! Kingsbury he legit beat the hell out of, but after that both his opponents suffered freak injuries, I don't really count guys blowing out their legs as "wins"

It was clear Manuwa-Gus was just a showcase fight for Alexander and at this point we really don't know how good Manuwa is, I'm baffled he's ranked in the top-10.

I have no interest in seeing Cummins "Impose his will" on Manuwa Ad nauseam for 3 rounds.

Glad they aren't being matched up.

To be fair cummins would definitely dry hump the shit out that boy.

Manuwa isn't in a position to be turning down any fights. He's not at that level yet.

Would actually be an interesting fight. Either Cummins UD's him or Manuwa clips him coming for a takedown and sends him into a downward spiral.

Patrick Cummins wants to fight Jimi Manuwa, but Manuwa said he's only interested in somebody in the top ten.

I'm just catching up on this weeks UFC tonight and this was part of Ariel's news for the week. I hadn't seen it posted.

here's the current top 15.

Champion : Jon Jones
1 Alexander Gustafsson
2 Daniel Cormier
3 Anthony Johnson
4 Rashad Evans
5 Phil Davis
6 Glover Teixeira
7 Ryan Bader
8 Ovince Saint Preux
9 Dan Henderson
10 Jimi Manuwa
11 Mauricio Rua
12 Rafael Cavalcante
13 Fabio Maldonado
14 Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
15 Patrick Cummins

I don't understand how Manuwa can be that picky. He had 2 fluke injury wins in a row, then a loss.

Patrick Cummins is no joke.

Bad fight for Manuwa. Also, Cummins could beat half of that top 10

Very happy Manuwa declined.

Huggers should only fight other huggers, so that we atleast can find out who the better hugger is.

They should never fight an exiciting fighter, all they do is ruin fights from happening

Don't like that fight for manuwa. That said, I'm not sure theres anyone in the top 10 that can't outgrapple him.
Hendo would be a good fight though. He doesn't really use his grappling these days and manuwa striking is deadly

Pat would be a horrible match up for Jimi and would wrestlefuck him with ease. Cummins is a legit fighter on a 3 fight win streak in which he easily beat the competition. He deserves someone higher up with 3 wins. How about an Anthony Perosh type fighter?

Disappointed in Manuwa. I think this has more to do with confidence than it does with rankings. He turned the UFC down early in his career because he thought he wasn't ready, which says something about his own self belief.
I have a feeling were going to see more of these ranking based match ups because of the way the Reebok deal is structured in relation to the ranking system.

I don't think you know how analogies work.

I can see you have a weak command of the English language.

If you wanted to make an analogy, it would have made more sense to say, "Cummins is the LHW Jon Fitch." Saying he is the WW Jon Fitch makes no sense, and quite frankly, is retarded.

..but it is okay, cupcake. Daddy is here now.

Back