Patrick Cummins.....Top 15?!

Wait..his name is Cummins?

giggle.gif

If he's fighting then the hype machine says you are top 5 regardless!

Maybe at fapping his chino.

I think all the gym talk is made up bullshit for hype lol. Only person I saw him outwrestling was Munoz lol

lol, an NCAA Champion wrestler lol lol

:rolleyes:

And to say he just lays on people is beyond retarded. He beat the living shit out of Kingsbury (getting a 30-24 on one scorecard) and Shoeface plus his stoppage over Narvaez who has proven he isn't a can in his win over Barnatt. Shoeface is a very good grappler and Pat nullified him and landed some very big shots in the process. And you don't get a 30-24 by "laying on people."

I wasn't expecting much at first. After the first win, I felt like maybe he could be decent.

Top 16 (even in the UFC only), is ridiculous at this point, though. He'll probably get there, but hasn't nearly earned it yet.

It's hilarious how boobs overrate wins over nobodies...as long as it's in the UFC.
It's like when people got all excited about Travis Browne's 3 fight winning streak...where the last 2 of that 3 were Chad Griggs and Rob Broughton.

He is pretty good.

Actually I thought that he didn't look all that bad in Cormier fight all things considered. 4 fucking fights and short notice.

Looked pretty quick and fluid, which is always good sign.

This. I actually feel 15 is too low. The guy has a future in the division.

Outside the top 10, LHW is pretty awful, so just win a few and you're in it. Hell, when Krylov beats Nedkov, he might be in the top 15 lol.

I'm not surprised, LHW is not a deep division and Cummins has very good wrestling that has transferred to MMA well. I would like to see him fight a fringe top 10 guy and if he wins fight someone at the tail end of the top 10 next.

Maldonado is ranked 13th and he's pretty fucking awful, showing being a top 15 LHW means nothing.

That being said, Pat is the real deal and will be top 10 by the end of the year

Cummins is underrated then he should be ranked over Maldonado.

pretty much this. Being top 15th in a division (ufc or mma in general) doesn't mean much. Didn't they picked him up from a coffee shop just couple weeks b4 the DC fight? Although he had a few fights b4 UFC and a NCAA background, but it just show ya how shallow of a talent pool MMA has as a pro sport.

Cummins is a tough dude. Imagine working in a coffee shop and your cell rings and its someone saying how would you like to fight undefeated heavy weight Daniel Cormier in 2 weeks, and you actually say yes.

I love the barista mythology, or rather how inane it is. It seems there are a good amount of Shertards who believe that Joe Silva and Sean Shelby were buying coffee in Pennsylvania and get an e-mail on their phones about Evans being injured, look up and say "hey, you look like you can fight, want to face DC in the UFC?"

He's decent, but let's be honest, MMA just doesn't have a very deep talent pool in general. The top 10 or 20 in most divisions range from extremely good to elite, no doubt.

After that, it's a crapshoot, though. Any number of guys out there fighting for local promotions could belong in the top 25 or 30, or in some divisions even the top 15, given the opportunity to fight the right guy on the right card.

Think about it. Most everyone outside the top 20 is fighting and training part time while working at something else to put food on the table. A solid 60% of the UFC roster is virtually interchangeable with random fighters out there who you and I have never heard of.

Being a really strong, tough, high level athlete doesn't mean shit against the elite of a division, but it's enough to power you into the 30 and above if you really wanna get hit in the face for peanuts.

Guys like Cummins and Shaub are everywhere.

LHW is just a really thin division. It's a kind of tweener division between MW and HW.

If you can cut weight, you go to MW and then bulk up for the fight.

Cummins is very solid. He may not be top 10-15 material but considering the lack of numbers, it isn't surprising. He's beaten Kingsbury, Narvaez and AC Junior...those three wins are solid enough for a lower-level 205lb'er.

His only pro loss is to Cormier. I don't think it's that ridiculous that he's top 15. He beats any LHW outside of the UFC other than King Mo and possibly Newton...if McGeary beats Newton, you'd have to put him above Cummins too.

I love the barista mythology, or rather how inane it is. It seems there are a good amount of Shertards who believe that Joe Silva and Sean Shelby were buying coffee in Pennsylvania and get an e-mail on their phones about Evans being injured, look up and say "hey, you look like you can fight, want to face DC in the UFC?"

Lmfao, "Hey tough guy, you wanna be a fuckin' fighter?"
*heavy nu-metal starts playing*

Exactly. So how can you be top 15 at the world in anything and be "pretty fuckin' awful?"

Pretty dumb comment right?

No, its MMA/UFC...so the comment is dumb. The talent pool is SO shallow compare to other sport lol. Didn't want to be so blunt b4..but the top 150 of other sports will beat 99.999% of population in the world (in the respective position/game). "top 15" in ufc's 205 hmm... I guess ur easily impressed. that's fine. different standards for different people.

yup, again that shows how shallow the mma/ufc talent pool is overall. And 205 aint a stacked a division in the ufc.

I think he is legit and would beat a few of the top 15 LHW in the UFC.

The dude is probably the most boring fighter at LHW.
His last couple of fights he just eked out the win.

Back