Patrick Cummins is now homeless

• Thread starter Deleted member 501827
  • Start date
pg-100.jpg

Surely he can teach wrestling somewhere. Hopefully he can get on some type of track that will lead to financial stability.

Was going to say a lot of these guys should coach or work at a gym....I never understood that.

Cummins got PAID to take that short notice fight with Cormier. Where's all that money?

Motherfucker is a skilled Barksta. Head to starbucks and make that McGregor money bitch

Shouldn't have quit his well paying Starbucks job for UFC career

Man, he's fought in Brazil a lot. I tried calculating how much he's earned, but it's hard due to Brazil not disclosing pay. This is going to be a low estimate as it would only have him on $12k/$12k now. He would have earned $118k in 2.5 years in disclosed pay only. I would be very surprised if he didn't get some sort of incentive pay on the Cormier fight as well. My guess is that he's probably made over $150k at least in that amount of time in pay + bonuses. No idea on his sponsorship situation or if he makes money as a sparring partner or through training.

Cummins would've been good if he didn't get in to the sport so late. Kinda sucks hearing that, he seems like a good guy. As someone that's been down and out before as well, I wish him the best.

Was going to say a lot of these guys should coach or work at a gym....I never understood that.

What I find hilarious is all of the people that talk about fighters paying sparring partners. I'm thinking - how the fuck does that not even out? If they are paying other fighters to spar, shouldn't they be making some of that money on the side too? Especially a guy like Cummins who can mimic a hard nose wrestling style.

Its pretty well known that athletes are fuckin stupid when it comes to managing money. They want to live the lifestyle of partying and banging nasty mma groupies every night.

I mean i dont blame them tbh. Weve all seen the women that like to hang around fighters. If i was 20 and in the ufc id probably blow all my money on girls and coke too.

A bunch of Scrooges in this thread. It's Christmas time, I wish the guy good luck. (And don't forget, he may have lost out of the UFC, but he could still turn your face into a puddle is about 8 seconds.)

I was triggered when he talked about how he wouldn't help his supposed good buddy in desperate times.
Another instant classic by the Schaubster.

If you get triggered by him, I recommend watching him climb the invisible ladder to calm down.

Fighters pay is shit. Not going to dispute that, but he's not the only fighter that gets paid crap, yet he's the one that's homeless. Why is that? Maybe he has bad money management.

It really sucks if its true but damn he made some poor decisions.

1. Graduating from Penn State and getting a degree in CREATIVE ARTS
2. Working at a high school level job for a while
3. Trying to focus on wrestling after college instead of making money
Following your dreams is overrated. lol

Lets say he earns 25000 a fight thats ex sponsorship deals and other bonuses he started fighting in 2014 in the UFC so thats 200000 total of 2 years. I say poor money management

It all sounds good until tax season arrives, not to mention he probably pays 15-20% of his earnings to coaches/training camps...that is just a guess.

This will surely drive all the A level athletes to mma right? All NBA and NFL players will now surely flock to MMA instead so they could become homeless as top 15 in there weight class and start pan handling at stop signs and sleeping under a bridge.

Back