Path of Diablo (D2 LOD Mod)

Gref

Scumdog
Platinum Member
Reaction score

So I came across this mod last week. It can be played in single player or online. Most of the changes are pretty tasteful and don't drastically alter the game.

The biggest (and best imo) change comes in the form of the new Enigma Runeword. It now gives +18 Convocation (a new Necro teleport with a 10 second cool down at level 1) and the required runes are now Sur Ohm Gul. Enigma is still very good (if not harder to make) but no longer a staple item.

Drop rates have been increased and I hope they don't change as the server grows. I figure it's in the middle between D2's vanilla drop rate and D3's current drop rate.

Two more additions come in the form of Dungeoneering and Orbs of Corruption. Dungeoneering allows you to run random maps similar to PoE and Torchlight 2. Orbs of Corruption are one time use items that can modify your items with new attributes.

The community is quite small at them moment. I'd say ~100 people online at any given moment but split between a US and EU server. Hardcore being the most active on the respective servers.

All changes can be found here.

Seems really cool. I might have to reinstall Diablo 2!

D2 HD remake would be one of the greatest things to ever happen.

Or Diablo 4?

Is that a thing in progress yet?

New ladder reset and patch on Friday. Come try it out !

I just want to play D1 again. I don't understand why Blizzard doesn't support it anymore.

Back