Patches?

Onyang D

White Belt
Reaction score
I have a dilemma. My current instructor comes from a very respectable lineage in bjj but has created his own school. His school is brand new and does not have any form of representation. Do you think it would be bad to wear HIS school patch? Would it matter? He is still very well connected with his previous school. What do you guys think. I want to represent!

I have a dilemma. My current instructor comes from a very respectable lineage in bjj but has created his own school. His school is brand new and does not have any form of representation. Do you think it would be bad to wear HIS school patch? Would it matter? He is still very well connected with his previous school. What do you guys think. I want to represent!

Ask him.

Uh, I wouldn't. The patches I have on my gi are from the BJJ schools I did well in. I never represented my instructors school, because I had no connection.

If it's a team patch like alliance, gracie humatia, nova uniao, etc.... then i would wear it as long as he is ok with it. When you compete in big tourney (pan ams, worlds) you will most liely compete with that name any way. Just ask him for a patch and he'll either tell you how to get one meaning he's ok with it, or he'll say no.

NHB gear . com

They make patches. Customize it anyway you want, and they are relatively cheap.

Back