Patches?

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Onyang D, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Onyang D

Onyang D White Belt

I have a dilemma. My current instructor comes from a very respectable lineage in bjj but has created his own school. His school is brand new and does not have any form of representation. Do you think it would be bad to wear HIS school patch? Would it matter? He is still very well connected with his previous school. What do you guys think. I want to represent!

2. bnosam

bnosam Green Belt

Ask him.

3. Escape19

Escape19 White Belt

Uh, I wouldn't. The patches I have on my gi are from the BJJ schools I did well in. I never represented my instructors school, because I had no connection.

4. blazed247

blazed247 Yellow Belt

If it's a team patch like alliance, gracie humatia, nova uniao, etc.... then i would wear it as long as he is ok with it. When you compete in big tourney (pan ams, worlds) you will most liely compete with that name any way. Just ask him for a patch and he'll either tell you how to get one meaning he's ok with it, or he'll say no.

5. Jahan

Jahan White Belt

Where can I get custom patches from!!?

6. Mike Wilson Jr.

Mike Wilson Jr. Amateur Fighter

NHB gear . com

They make patches. Customize it anyway you want, and they are relatively cheap.