Pat Minihan?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Janpei, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Janpei

Janpei Orange Belt

Watched Jon Fitch's Such Great Heights shortly after finishing Like Water. Both were excellent, but something struck me as odd in Such Great Heights.

The film goes into detail about some of Jon Fitch's camp mates, and one of the guys featured was a Pat Minihan. I thought he had a pretty compelling story. Sent AKA a video of his fights, much like Jon Fitch did, as an application to train with the team. Moved to California in an RV and lived in that RV in the AKA parking lot. He just seemed very game, driven, and Camarillo had tons of positive things to say about him.

So I did a search, and not only did I notice that he has a 6-1 record, but he also at one point had a UFC profile page. I figured maybe he fought for the UFC prior to the filming of the movie, lost, and was bounced, but he has no prior fights in the UFC.

His last fight to date was in 2009 and BleacherReport even composed an article around it
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/125286-through-the-fire-the-journey-of-pat-minihan

After that, there's absolutely no mention of what he's doing, if he's still training, or fighting career. After March 2009, it's as if he completely vanished.

Anyone know what he's been doing or why he's on the UFC roster page?

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Pat-Minihan

TheGZA and mrbaapt like this.
  2. derekimm

derekimm Orange Belt

Just spoke to Fitch and he said Pat is driving a beer delivery truck

TheGZA and Cro Cop Is Back like this.
  3. mrbaapt

mrbaapt Brown Belt

What is the story behind this guy? On paper he had so much potential.

LOL at Dave Camarillo deadpan look into the camera saying "We're masterminds!"

4. Cro Cop Is Back

Cro Cop Is Back Red Belt

5. The Moloko man

The Moloko man Brown Belt

Im down for bumping this thread

<5>